Utilities Take a Dim View of Solar Energy

Started by jimmy olsen, August 26, 2009, 04:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 27, 2009, 02:04:19 PM
Screw it, I'm buying a Hummer.  :)

Good.  Support the American Auto industry.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

KRonn

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 27, 2009, 02:04:19 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 27, 2009, 02:01:11 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 27, 2009, 01:50:00 PM
thanks, but I was think more of the cost of panels and installation. Every frickin' website wants my personal info so they can bug me.

Hmmm...this is surprisingly difficult to find because the prices have fallen so much this year due to decreased demand due to the recession and increased production.

Screw it, I'm buying a Hummer.  :)
I'll be impressed if you buy a Hummer as the vehicle you tow behind your RV for long trips and vacations.   :D

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on August 27, 2009, 02:09:04 PM
Hey MB use this: http://www.solar-estimate.org/index.php?page=solar-calculator

All they need is your zip code no other info needed.

You have to scroll down a bit to get the actual money involved in $ per watt.  So it looks like a 1000K system would cost $9,000.  But it will vary a bit depending on who is installing it.

Dude, you rock.

QuoteAssumed Installation Gross Cost:
"Gross Cost" is the cost before any rebates, incentives, tax credits, etc. are applied. See the Cost Notes, below!

$134,370

ESTIMATED NET COST:     $ 76,559

heh. pass.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: DGuller on August 27, 2009, 02:08:41 PM
Oh, ok.  I thought you really thought that the technology was perfect, and was not just fucking with you to alleviate my boredom.

Sorry I have been rather short tempered on here for awhile.  Maybe I need a Languish break again.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on August 27, 2009, 02:16:15 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 27, 2009, 02:13:14 PM
heh. pass.

Hehe it is a very upfront cost intensive investment.

I thought there were more government incentives. ~ 50% ain't bad, but I ain't putting up 75K+ on that.

KRonn

Quote from: Valmy on August 27, 2009, 02:15:01 PM
Quote from: DGuller on August 27, 2009, 02:08:41 PM
Oh, ok.  I thought you really thought that the technology was perfect, and was not just fucking with you to alleviate my boredom.

Sorry I have been rather short tempered on here for awhile.  Maybe I need a Languish break again.
Heh, I understood your earlier post, and the sarcasm you were saying.  :) 

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 27, 2009, 02:20:14 PM
I thought there were more government incentives. ~ 50% ain't bad, but I ain't putting up 75K+ on that.

You might try a smaller system that you can afford, try changing the percentage at the top.

50% is really good, Ohio must have a generous incentive system.

Strix

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Valmy

Quote from: Strix on August 27, 2009, 02:23:47 PM
But Hummer was sold to China. :bleeding:

Doh!  Buy a huge Ford truck or something then MB.

DGuller

DontSayBanana

Experience bij!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on August 27, 2009, 02:24:30 PM
Quote from: Strix on August 27, 2009, 02:23:47 PM
But Hummer was sold to China. :bleeding:

Doh!  Buy a huge Ford truck or something then MB.

I'm not buying a truck. It was a joke.  :P

Valmy

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point