Elves!
18 (41.9%)
Hobbits/Gnomes
5 (11.6%)
Trolls
7 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Josquius

I've found myself reading Forgotten Realms again lately for some reason...So here.
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

I pretty much hate elves, orcs, dwarves or whatever in fantasy nowadays.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Savonarola

Why is it that elves live for over a thousand years, are supposed to be naturally adept at magic, but cannot advance beyond 11th level as a Wizard?

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Ed Anger

Quote from: Savonarola on August 26, 2009, 02:36:57 PM
Why is it that elves live for over a thousand years, are supposed to be naturally adept at magic, but cannot advance beyond 11th level as a Wizard?

because they are gay.

gay's are level limited.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Savonarola

And why were all the races unlimited in the thief class?  A dwarf fighter could never leave middle management and get his own keep; but if he had turned to a life of crime as a young dwarf the sky was the limit.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Josquius

Yeah, level limits between races were just messed up.
Dwarven thieves really should have been severely limited though. They're supposed to be big beefy blunt chaps!
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Dwarves.

Elves deserve to be genocided.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Minsky Moment

They are the UHBs of the fantasy universe.  Talented but fated to underachieve.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

saskganesh

voted gnomes, who should be broken out of hobbits. way underused in Fantasy, even culled from D&D 4.0 as a PC race apparently.

If I never read a novel or play a game with Tolkien-type elves in it again, I will maintain equanimity.
humans were created in their own image

Savonarola

Quote from: saskganesh on August 26, 2009, 03:53:38 PM
voted gnomes, who should be broken out of hobbits. way underused in Fantasy, even culled from D&D 4.0 as a PC race apparently.

If I never read a novel or play a game with Tolkien-type elves in it again, I will maintain equanimity.

Gnomes are back in 4.0; they were put in the Player Handbook 2. 

Jaron

:nerd:

I like Dwarves, but why must they always be portrayed as Scotsmen?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

saskganesh

because they spend centuries instead studying spell lists dealing with floral arrangements, cotton bedding weaves, and grape growing. refined stuff like that.

since they are immortal, they just don't have the need or drive to succeed and take the kind of risks that may involve danger and the possible shortening of their lives. they just hang out, indulging in their own apparent perfection.

saskganesh

Quote from: Savonarola on August 26, 2009, 03:57:18 PM
Quote from: saskganesh on August 26, 2009, 03:53:38 PM

Gnomes are back in 4.0; they were put in the Player Handbook 2.

watch out for gnome rage. when a  clan of redcaps riding giant porcupines rides into your town, you better have spells of protection against whoppee cushions ready.

Savonarola

Quote from: saskganesh on August 26, 2009, 04:04:34 PM

because they spend centuries instead studying spell lists dealing with floral arrangements, cotton bedding weaves, and grape growing. refined stuff like that.

So you're agreeing with Monkeybutt?  :unsure: