Trolls
7 (16.3%)

Total Members Voted: 42

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: ulmont on August 27, 2009, 12:32:04 PM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on August 27, 2009, 12:18:49 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 27, 2009, 12:13:32 PM
Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on August 27, 2009, 12:03:12 PM
:huh: I was playing in 1980 and I never played by that "rule"... never played in a game (that went on long enough) where there wasn't a high level elf wizard.

Um did you own the players handbooks?  Because it is not listed as an optional rule and it is all right there.

all rules are optional. :contract: :p

I played in many games where that particular rule was ignored. never heard any complaints, gameplay was smooth.

In exchange for lifting that rule, we always allowed humans to multiclass as desired.

ya I think we did that too. we tried different things to balance the games anyways. depended on the group what rules get bent/ignored.
:p

Savonarola

Quote from: Valmy on August 27, 2009, 03:26:06 PM

Yes.  And they had ridiculously low level limits there as well.

Hobbits were capped at level 8, Elves at level 10, and Dwarves at level 12.

And they all used to have names for every levels too.  The most a halfling could ever become was a sherrif (like Roscoe P. Coltrane), but an elf could become a WIZARD LORD.

Wizards has an article with all the level names:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/4alum/20090206

Illusionists had the dumbest names (I am Siegfried, The Phantasmist.)

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

BuddhaRhubarb

I loved those names... helped with in Character boasting, and talking to NPCs... I'm the Famed Swashbuckler Gargamel! Beware my +1 short sword!
:p

saskganesh

Quote from: Agelastus on August 27, 2009, 05:22:50 PM
Quote from: saskganesh on August 27, 2009, 02:00:18 PM
youtube has a number of official 4th edition D&D cartoons that make fun of the whole gnome thing. the gnome is in three of them. pretty good. start the with tiefling and gnome interview: "I'm a monster! rrrrwl" , then the demogorgan interview, then finally the mindflayer job interview.

I think the operative phrase goes like...

"Worthless without links." :)

no. you are just lazy.
humans were created in their own image

Razgovory

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on August 28, 2009, 11:35:40 AM
I loved those names... helped with in Character boasting, and talking to NPCs... I'm the Famed Swashbuckler Gargamel! Beware my +1 short sword!

I loved those as well.  Like Footpad or Lama!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017