News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Name changes

Started by merithyn, August 26, 2009, 01:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you change your name if it was a very simple process one time only?

Hell yeah
4 (8%)
Possibly
7 (14%)
No way
39 (78%)
I have changed my name already
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 49

HVC

Quote from: Siege on August 26, 2009, 10:45:15 PM
My first name is standard sefaradi.
Made of the first sylabels for Dictator for water, or water dictator, or dictatr for water but without the "for", because you don't use it when naming children.
In typical sefaradi fashion, my mother named me, without my father's input.
I cried a lot not for milk, like my older brothers, but for water. Go figure.
So my mum named me accordingly.

Funny how important water have been for me over the years.
Sefaradi traditions do WORK.

My names old. means "funny". My last name is portuguese for rabbit. So i'm Funny Bunny. So far funny bunnies haven't been an important part of my life.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Liep

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 26, 2009, 11:05:19 PM
Maxine's a girl's name right?

It is, but not really a name that I thought of as it's very very rarely used in Denmark, if ever.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Unplugged

I like my name for the very opposite reason of popularity, because not a lot of people have it. Have only seen 2 other people with my name in recent years.
The good thing about being young is that you are not experienced enough to know you cannot possibly do the things you are doing. - Gene Brown

Unplugged

Although I must say, the name Staff Sergeant Max Fightmaster is pretty impressive.
The good thing about being young is that you are not experienced enough to know you cannot possibly do the things you are doing. - Gene Brown

dps

Quote from: DontSayBanana on August 26, 2009, 09:05:52 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 26, 2009, 09:00:57 PM
Name's are hardly an efficient manner of tracking down info what with many people having the same name.  Probably isn't coincidental that many things ask for your social.

:yes: There are 5,000 people with my first and last name residing in the United States as we speak. Good luck backchecking through that. ;)

EDIT: In fact, there's more than one at the college I go to. Makes talking to advisors a real pain in the ass. :P

My family name isn't a particularly common one, but oddly when I lived in Virginia, my doctor had another patient (who was no relation to me AFAIK, and who lived in a different town several miles away) who had the same first, middle, and last name as me AND the same date of birth.  The only way they kept our records seperate was by our Social Security numbers and addresses.

Korea

Quote from: Valmy on August 26, 2009, 10:10:13 PM
Quote from: Korea on August 26, 2009, 10:00:47 PM
Yes. I hate my first and middle name. Jennifer Renae :(

Also, I am really curious about everyone else name now.

What the is wrong with Jennifer?  That sounds like a good name to me.  I mean you could be named Taylor or something.

Well, Jennifer isn't that bad but I just dn't think it rolls off the tongue well. But it sounds terrible with my middle name.
I want my mother fucking points!

Octavian

Quote from: Liep on August 26, 2009, 10:38:45 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 26, 2009, 10:34:10 PM

Is it Christian or Frederick?

Christian. It could've been worse I suppose, Kresten. :bleeding:

Or Henrik
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

merithyn

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 26, 2009, 10:42:30 PM
I agree, it's a pretty name. But I wouldn't want to be constantly running into people with the same name as me.

Exactly. Try being Mary Williams, for hod's sake.  <_<
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Octavian

Quote from: merithyn on August 27, 2009, 07:21:25 AM
I agree, it's a pretty name. But I wouldn't want to be constantly running into people with the same name as me.

Ahh a traditional Mexican name
If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Ed Anger

Only if my last name was a first name (never trust a man with two first names) or something like 'Raper'. Which would be cool sometimes, but annoying if you had kids.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Larch

Could be worse, could be Mary Smith.

I also have some experience on that, I'm a Juan Pérez after all.  :lol:

KRonn

Quote from: Korea on August 26, 2009, 10:00:47 PM
Yes. I hate my first and middle name. Jennifer Renae :(

Also, I am really curious about everyone else name now.
Actually, pretty names and a more rare and unique middle name.  :)

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Slargos on August 26, 2009, 01:35:28 PM
I've been tossing around the idea of making "Slargos" my real name, but I have decided against it thus far.  :P

and the world is poorer for it. Think of the children! :p

I would if I had reason to, and it was easy, like most things. If it's not easy why bother?
:p

Valmy

I love it.  As many people as possible.  There used to be four guys in my English class in High School with my name and we all sat together.

But then you sorta have to love it when you are named 'John'.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

I love your name it sounds like a hot girl's name.

I mean you could be named La-a
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."