News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Name changes

Started by merithyn, August 26, 2009, 01:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you change your name if it was a very simple process one time only?

Hell yeah
4 (8%)
Possibly
7 (14%)
No way
39 (78%)
I have changed my name already
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on August 27, 2009, 11:50:48 AM
Yes, to Peter North. :)

Can you grow a mustache that cheesy?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

lustindarkness

Languish has like 5 Tom/Tomas/Thomas/Tommy members/relatives.  :cool:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Razgovory

Quote from: DontSayBanana on August 26, 2009, 09:05:52 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 26, 2009, 09:00:57 PM
Name's are hardly an efficient manner of tracking down info what with many people having the same name.  Probably isn't coincidental that many things ask for your social.

:yes: There are 5,000 people with my first and last name residing in the United States as we speak. Good luck backchecking through that. ;)

EDIT: In fact, there's more than one at the college I go to. Makes talking to advisors a real pain in the ass. :P

There's exactly one other person with my first and last name in the US.  He doesn't share my two middle names though.  So really I only have to hunt down and kill one other person.  Looks like you have alot of work ahead of you.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Korea

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 27, 2009, 07:45:24 AM
Only if my last name was a first name (never trust a man with two first names) or something like 'Raper'. Which would be cool sometimes, but annoying if you had kids.

Ide has a first name for a last name. It gets people confused all the time. His last name is Allen.
I want my mother fucking points!

Korea

Quote from: KRonn on August 27, 2009, 11:33:00 AM
Quote from: Korea on August 26, 2009, 10:00:47 PM
Yes. I hate my first and middle name. Jennifer Renae :(

Also, I am really curious about everyone else name now.
Actually, pretty names and a more rare and unique middle name.  :)

Renae sounds like a hick. :(

Korea

Quote from: Valmy on August 27, 2009, 11:43:45 AM
Quote from: merithyn on August 27, 2009, 07:21:25 AM
Exactly. Try being Mary Williams, for hod's sake.  <_<

I love your name it sounds like a hot girl's name.

I mean you could be named La-a

:lol: I forgot about La-a

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Korea on August 27, 2009, 11:02:52 PM
Only if my last name was a first name (never trust a man with two first names) or something like 'Raper'. Which would be cool sometimes, but annoying if you had kids.

Ide has a first name for a last name. It gets people confused all the time. His last name is Allen.

And he has a last name for a first name.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Korea

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 27, 2009, 11:04:21 PM
Quote from: Korea on August 27, 2009, 11:02:52 PM

And he has a last name for a first name.

Is Hunter a common last name? I didn't think it was.

DontSayBanana

In terms of backwards names, I had a friend named Hollis Bruce in high school - the school was convinced he was dyslexic and kept trying to "correct" his name to Bruce Hollis. :lol:
Experience bij!

Eddie Teach

Korea

Quote from: DontSayBanana on August 27, 2009, 11:29:11 PM
In terms of backwards names, I had a friend named Hollis Bruce in high school - the school was convinced he was dyslexic and kept trying to "correct" his name to Bruce Hollis. :lol:
:lol: Poor kid.

Korea

Also I don't know who any of those people are.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Korea on August 27, 2009, 11:35:33 PM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on August 27, 2009, 11:29:11 PM
:lol: Poor kid.
...the 3rd. They did it to his dad, too. :face:
Experience bij!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Korea on August 27, 2009, 11:36:22 PM
Also I don't know who any of those people are.

:face:

:P

But as a general rule of thumb, a TON of English surnames come from occupations. Hunter, Farmer, Smith, Painter, Taylor, as well as some whose meanings have been lost or just become very obscure- Kellogg(butcher), Cooper(barrelmaker), Wright (makes shit), etc.