News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

KFC's "bunless" sandwich

Started by DontSayBanana, August 26, 2009, 09:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

@ Tyr
:huh: The twister sammiches were good (not sure if'n they still have those).  Also, their BBQ sammich is pretty good considering the fact that it's fast food... though the sauce is waaaaay too sweet. :x
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

Quote from: DGuller on August 26, 2009, 10:05:09 AM
For the sake of controlling medical costs, I hope the people eating this sandwich would die right there on the spot, and not later on the operating table.

Well, you already increase health insurance costs for people who smoke, and in many cases liver transplants are denied to people who are still alcoholics when their liver goes bust. Is there any logical argument against applying the same policy to obese people? If you don't respect your body and eat shit like that you shouldn't expect the healthy-lifestyle individuals to pay your medical bills for you.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Caliga on August 26, 2009, 10:13:50 AM
@ Tyr
:huh: The twister sammiches were good (not sure if'n they still have those).  Also, their BBQ sammich is pretty good considering the fact that it's fast food... though the sauce is waaaaay too sweet. :x

Yes. The Twister wraps are almost the only thing I get from there.
Experience bij!

Grey Fox

Quote from: Caliga on August 26, 2009, 10:13:50 AM
@ Tyr

They still do around here. I've never had one tho. I much prefer the Classic Colonel sandwich with a bucket of Macaroni Salad to try anything else really.

I tried the McD's wraps not too long ago, it was surprisingly good. Much better then what Subway serves.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Quote from: Martinus on August 26, 2009, 10:20:49 AMWell, you already increase health insurance costs for people who smoke, and in many cases liver transplants are denied to people who are still alcoholics when their liver goes bust. Is there any logical argument against applying the same policy to obese people?
I guess the argument would be that, at least in the US now, the majority of people are obese to an unhealthy degree?  I guess what would make more sense to me is a discount for those people that can deomonstrate that they are in extremely good shape (though I guess there isn't that much of a material difference between a discount for a minority vs. a rate hike for a majority).

Ed Anger

Well FUCK. This thread made me hungry. I'm off to Hardee's.

Without the white shit on it of course.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Quote from: Martinus on August 26, 2009, 10:20:49 AM
Well, you already increase health insurance costs for people who smoke, and in many cases liver transplants are denied to people who are still alcoholics when their liver goes bust. Is there any logical argument against applying the same policy to obese people? If you don't respect your body and eat shit like that you shouldn't expect the healthy-lifestyle individuals to pay your medical bills for you.
How are you going to enforce it?  "Do you eat junk food?" is a horribly vague question.  The only effective way would be to levy sin taxes on junk food.

Caliga

I stopped at a Hardee's in Bowling Green for lunch on Monday  :cool:

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 26, 2009, 10:24:43 AM
Well FUCK. This thread made me hungry. I'm off to Hardee's.

Without the white shit on it of course.

Damn you. The closest I can get is a Classic Triple from Wendy's. :(
Experience bij!

Berkut

Quote from: Martinus on August 26, 2009, 10:20:49 AM
Quote from: DGuller on August 26, 2009, 10:05:09 AM
For the sake of controlling medical costs, I hope the people eating this sandwich would die right there on the spot, and not later on the operating table.

Agreed - same applies for fags of course, and their dangerous homo lifestyle. We should not have to pay more for their expensive AIDS treatments because they cannot control themselves.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on August 26, 2009, 10:25:48 AM
I stopped at a Hardee's in Bowling Green for lunch on Monday  :cool:

I miss the old Burger Chef chain, which CKE absorbed.  :(
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: DontSayBanana on August 26, 2009, 10:26:11 AMDamn you. The closest I can get is a Classic Triple from Wendy's. :(
DSB - I have access to both Wendy's and Hardee's here and generally prefer Wendy's... but Hardee's has the most kickass breakfast biscuits ever.  I think they actually make them there from scratch, which might be why.

Syt

Btw, I find that http://thisiswhyyourefat.com/ is a good source for recipes.  :blush:

Like:

QuoteThe Smoker

A half pound  ground ribeye, sirloin, prime rib patty topped with Havarti cheese, seven pieces of maple bacon, sauteed onions and smoked pepper mayo.

This would probably be fine for Caliga:

QuoteA pile of 3 sunny side up eggs, beans, red chile sauce, cheddar cheese, 4 corn tortillas and 3 hash browned potatoes.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HVC

looks like an evil mutated mother teresa
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Malthus

Quote from: Syt on August 26, 2009, 10:38:09 AM
This would probably be fine for Caliga:

QuoteA pile of 3 sunny side up eggs, beans, red chile sauce, cheddar cheese, 4 corn tortillas and 3 hash browned potatoes.

That is just plain revolting.  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius