And we're back!

Main Menu

KFC's "bunless" sandwich

Started by DontSayBanana, August 26, 2009, 09:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savonarola

Quote from: Caliga on September 02, 2009, 06:50:17 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 02, 2009, 04:56:01 PM
We're going to KFC Friday, if the nearest one has this, I'll get it.
Who makes advance plans to go to a fast food joint?  :huh:

This isn't just fast food; it's a quest to expand the base of knowledge of the glorious nation of Laguidesh.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

saskganesh

there's this Pizza joint I like that just reopened after a summer off. The guy is a 50 year old Vietnamese who escaped the Fall of Saigon in a fishing boat with 100 people. they had little  food, and only rainwater. he says 90% of the men died over the three months they spent aboard.

anyhow, he makes this great pizza. thick, light crust made with real yeast, he layers the tppings under the cheese, he uses real bacon. closest I have found to Regina-style in Toronto.

he took six weeks off this summer and I was counting the days until he reopened. Yesterday I had two Hawaiian slices (@ $3.50 a slice). good times. he told me his boat people story too.

Dundas Pizza & Wings

http://toronto.ibegin.com/restaurants/dundas-pizza--wings
humans were created in their own image

KRonn

Quote from: saskganesh on September 03, 2009, 10:41:02 AM
he took six weeks off this summer and I was counting the days until he reopened. Yesterday I had two Hawaiian slices (@ $3.50 a slice). good times. he told me his boat people story too.

Dundas Pizza & Wings

http://toronto.ibegin.com/restaurants/dundas-pizza--wings
I work with two Vietnamese men who went through that kind of hardship, finally reaching the US. I really had to give them a lot of credit for what they'd been through, and now raising families and working hard, or two or more jobs. 

Jaron

Giving him your business is the equivalent of setting out saucers of milk for stray cats, Sask.

Do not feed the strays.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

saskganesh

Quote from: Jaron on September 03, 2009, 02:36:17 PM
Giving him your business is the equivalent of setting out saucers of milk for stray cats, Sask.

Do not feed the strays.

that's stupid. he makes good pizza.
humans were created in their own image

DontSayBanana

Speaking of artery-clogging goodness, I propose some of us meet up and "research" this place:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbKRSYAuSNg

"Live for the day... or if you're lucky, into the early evening hours."
Experience bij!

DGuller

Is this a real piece, or one from the Onion?

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DontSayBanana

Experience bij!

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Actually... come to think of it I need to go out there on business in the next six months or so.  :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Jaron

Quote from: Caliga on September 03, 2009, 06:32:33 PM
Actually... come to think of it I need to go out there on business in the next six months or so.  :cool:

You won't come back.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

Obviously none of the waitresses eat there.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 03, 2009, 07:46:22 PM
Obviously none of the waitresses eat there.

Maybe they do and work it off by "taking care of the patients." :perv:

...Hey, a guy can dream. :(
Experience bij!