News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

KFC's "bunless" sandwich

Started by DontSayBanana, August 26, 2009, 09:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: DontSayBanana on September 04, 2009, 01:17:16 PM
:lol: Is it just me, or is the sandwich in that pic using a plastic knife as the "toothpick?"
Nope, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what it is.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Queequeg

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 04, 2009, 01:07:45 PM

Am I the only one thinking "eat that burger or get in shape and hit that?" I usually try and order something healthy when the waitress/barrista is hot. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

derspiess

Quote from: DontSayBanana on September 03, 2009, 11:23:29 PM
More locally, we've got the Charcoal Pit, which has to be somewhere in the low thousands for the 8oz. Pit Special. It's delicious, but you can feel your arteries clogging as you chew. :D

Didn't realize you lived that close to Delaware.  Loved the Charcoal Pit when I lived there.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

Quote from: DontSayBanana on September 04, 2009, 01:17:16 PM
:lol: Is it just me, or is the sandwich in that pic using a plastic knife as the "toothpick?"

There4 was a sandwich in that picture?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

saskganesh

Quote from: Queequeg on September 04, 2009, 03:41:17 PM

Am I the only one thinking "eat that burger or get in shape and hit that?" I usually try and order something healthy when the waitress/barrista is hot.

that's a low return strategy as everyone hits on waitresses. like they care, they just want your tips.

you are much better off flirting with bored shop girls.
humans were created in their own image

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: derspiess on September 03, 2009, 11:27:12 PM
I hate fried chicken.  But after a couple beers and on an otherwise empty stomach, Popeye's chicken tasted awfully good at the tailgate tonight.
Try the chicken bowl some time.  Deliciousness.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

DontSayBanana

Quote from: derspiess on September 04, 2009, 03:55:03 PM
Didn't realize you lived that close to Delaware.  Loved the Charcoal Pit when I lived there.

The only good thing about Cumberland County- placement. Driving, less than an hour from Philly and Wilmington, two hours from NYC, and averaging three from Washington, DC.
Experience bij!

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on August 26, 2009, 10:20:49 AM
Quote from: DGuller on August 26, 2009, 10:05:09 AM
For the sake of controlling medical costs, I hope the people eating this sandwich would die right there on the spot, and not later on the operating table.

Well, you already increase health insurance costs for people who smoke, and in many cases liver transplants are denied to people who are still alcoholics when their liver goes bust. Is there any logical argument against applying the same policy to obese people? If you don't respect your body and eat shit like that you shouldn't expect the healthy-lifestyle individuals to pay your medical bills for you.
The same reason you expect people to pay for your treatment when you get AIDS.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Korea on September 04, 2009, 12:46:17 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on August 26, 2009, 11:00:28 AM
Quote from: Berkut on August 26, 2009, 10:26:23 AM
Agreed - same applies for fags of course, and their dangerous homo lifestyle. We should not have to pay more for their expensive AIDS treatments because they cannot control themselves.
I wouldn't have a problem with that for people who regularly engage in bareback sex with strangers.

You just reminded me of a website I saw on somethinawful called bareback exchange where people wanted to get aids and give aids on purpose. :x
That's what gays do.  AIDS is an essential part of their lifestyle, and helps feed their victim mentality.  Every gay must be killed.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Strix

Quote from: Neil on September 07, 2009, 09:50:37 AM
For the sake of controlling medical costs, I hope the people eating this sandwich would die right there on the spot, and not later on the operating table.

Well, you already increase health insurance costs for people who smoke, and in many cases liver transplants are denied to people who are still alcoholics when their liver goes bust. Is there any logical argument against applying the same policy to obese people? If you don't respect your body and eat shit like that you shouldn't expect the healthy-lifestyle individuals to pay your medical bills for you.
The same reason you expect people to pay for your treatment when you get AIDS.

To be fair though, there are a lot of obese people suffering from legitimate diseases and mental health problems that contribute to their weight issues. People getting AIDS from unprotected sex only have themselves to blame.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Queequeg on September 04, 2009, 03:41:17 PM

On the contrary, knowing one's not going to be able to hit that causes depression which leads to eating more.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Korea on September 04, 2009, 12:46:17 PM
You just reminded me of a website I saw on somethinawful called bareback exchange where people wanted to get aids and give aids on purpose. :x

Yay for buying up myth and hysteria.  The incidence of bugchasing is quite low and I think there was a documentary on sites like this which found that almost never does anyone meetup to actually get AIDs.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

dps

Well, no one has to smoke tobacco or drink alcohol, but everyone has to eat.  It seems more unfair to penalize those who damage their health by engaging in a necessary activity to excess than to penalize those who damage their health by engaging in unnecessary activities.