News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Meet AAR, 2009

Started by Berkut, August 23, 2009, 04:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

So, there we are driving back to my sisters house in Northern Virginia after spending a few days in Myrtle Beach. We had stopped at the USS North Carolina exhibit, and we almost to Winchester, VA when the youngest of the Berkut clan, little Melanie, announced for the 4th time in the last 4 hours that she had to go pee.

Sigh.

We pull over at the next place where there might be a bathroom, a 5-Guys. Mmmm......

But I digress. Mrs. Berkut takes young Melanie of the tiny bladder into the bathroom, while the men wait in the car.

Another car pulls up, and a couple old, really old, guys get out, and walk in front of the Berkut-mobile. And wouldn't you know it? One of the old guys looks incredibly cranky and irascible, and I think "Holy shit! That *must* be grumbler!"

And it was. So I hop out, and it turns out he and his friend where meeting to go over some rules for the next iteration of their Napoleonic minis game, and apparently decided to do so over a delicious 5 Guys burger and fries.

We chat for a bit, the wife comes out and looks worried that I am apparently talking to odd looking cranky old people, but she takes it all in stride.

Pretty odd thing, really. It's a small world and all that.

I wonder how many Languishites I've walked past but did not recognize?

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

Josquius

Wow, really weird coincidental stuff.

Good memory that you would be able to recognise him from presumably just glancing at the odd photo thread we've had.
██████
██████
██████

stjaba

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

Quote from: katmai on August 23, 2009, 05:37:13 PM
Quote from: stjaba on August 23, 2009, 05:18:59 PM
They've met before.

Indeed, don't make me post the G-burg pics!

Grumbler's old enough he probably looks exactly the same now.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Berkut

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on August 23, 2009, 06:14:52 PM
Quote from: katmai on August 23, 2009, 05:37:13 PM
Quote from: stjaba on August 23, 2009, 05:18:59 PM
They've met before.

Indeed, don't make me post the G-burg pics!

Grumbler's old enough he probably looks exactly the same now.

Not really - when he firmed up the Union lines at the Peach Orchard, he really was a lot younger.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

HVC

Would have been a better story if Mrs. Berkut thought you were in trouble and sprayed Grumbler in the face with pepper spray :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Berkut on August 23, 2009, 04:21:59 PM
I wonder how many Languishites I've walked past but did not recognize?

I've probably driven past you and other DC-area Languishites on the interstate.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Jaron

What will Berkut do when Jaron shows up at his door during his NY trip?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Grey Fox

I probably have seen Drakken a thousand time.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Monoriu

I have concluded that, in our everyday lives, we meet the same people and the same cars over and over again.  It is only that we seldom recognize most of them. 

Caliga

Five Guys :mmm: :mmm: :mmm:

What was this thread about again?

Oh yeah... Five Guys :mmm: :mmm: :mmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Monoriu on August 23, 2009, 07:39:00 PM
I have concluded that, in our everyday lives, we meet the same people and the same cars over and over again.  It is only that we seldom recognize most of them. 

"...In other words, reality is a quality that things possess in the same way that they possess, say, weight. Some people are more real than others, for example. It has been estimated that there are only about five hundred real people on any given planet, which is why they keep unexpectedly running into one another all the time."

-Terry Pratchett, Moving Pictures
Experience bij!

Strix

Quote from: Jaron on August 23, 2009, 07:22:03 PM
What will Berkut do when Jaron shows up at his door during his NY trip?

Probably have his wife call me so we can get you quickly deported.  ;)
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher