News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Everyone who changed their nick

Started by Syt, March 10, 2009, 11:17:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Minsky Moment

The Austrian needs to chill - he should know that with "creative" comes some "destruction"

I registered under a different handle when I saw vM's message about being able to use the old nicks.  Didn't want to mess things up by having two registrations under the same name in the event he was able to restore the old ones.

I kind of like this new one though.  Too many people were hitting on my last avatar.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

garbon

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 10, 2009, 03:38:12 PM
The Austrian needs to chill - he should know that with "creative" comes some "destruction"

I registered under a different handle when I saw vM's message about being able to use the old nicks.  Didn't want to mess things up by having two registrations under the same name in the event he was able to restore the old ones.

I kind of like this new one though.  Too many people were hitting on my last avatar.

Fuck off.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Still no idea who your are, even though you explain yourself why you chose a new nick.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

szmik

Quote from: Syt on March 10, 2009, 03:41:56 PM
Still no idea who your are, even though you explain yourself why you chose a new nick.
Does it really matter? ...love is all we need, everything I gave you - all comes back to me :D
Quote from: Neil on September 23, 2011, 08:41:24 AM
That's why Martinus, for all his spending on the trappings of wealth and taste, will never really have class.  He's just trying too hard to be something he isn't (an intelligent, tasteful gentleman), trying desperately to hide what he is (Polish trash with money and a severe behavioral disorder), and it shows in everything he says and does.  He's not our equal, not by a mile.

The Minsky Moment

Check your PM.  garbon is being rude, as usual.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Benedict Arnold

Joan Robinson.  I am presuming at least.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Benedict Arnold on March 10, 2009, 03:51:30 PM
Joan Robinson.  I am presuming at least.
See - such clever people here.  It's what keeps me coming back.   :)
--Joan Robinson

The Brain

The Minsky Moment? Name sucks.

God, this honesty thing is so liberating.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on March 10, 2009, 04:05:03 PM

That brief stint at p'dox was stifling.  I felt like I couldn't say anything. :(

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on March 10, 2009, 04:06:45 PM
Quote from: The Brain on March 10, 2009, 04:05:03 PM

That brief stint at p'dox was stifling.  I felt like I couldn't say anything. :(

Yeah it's always the same feeling. People who prefer that to this = freaks.

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on March 10, 2009, 04:09:12 PM

I so want to post something in the p'dox thread titled "My dog is becoming aggressive" but I don't want to get banned. :(

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on March 10, 2009, 04:10:05 PM

I so want to post something in the p'dox thread titled "My dog is becoming aggressive" but I don't want to get banned. :(
Which in itself is a bit weird. But it's the same for me.

Lucidor

Quote from: garbon on March 10, 2009, 04:10:05 PM

Is the dog pubertal?

Lucidor

Wohoo! You can change display name now without the mods needing to know!