And we're back!

Main Menu

Silent Hunter 5

Started by MadBurgerMaker, August 20, 2009, 01:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadBurgerMaker

So I got an email about this on Monday from Subsim for some reason.  Features:

QuoteSilent Hunter® 5 key features:

• VIEW AS A CAPTAIN: Walk through highly detailed submarines in the new first-person view and access every part of your U-boat.
• BECOME A REAL LEADER: Interact with your crew, watch them perform their daily jobs and experience the tension and fear inside the U-boat through the new advanced order system.
• WAR STRATEGIES: Choose your own strategy and select your targets with a new objective-driven, dynamic campaign.
• ENEMY REACTIONS: Open new locations, upgrades and resupply possibilities, while the Allied ships adjust dynamically to your approach. Your actions will directly impact the evolution of the campaign.
• NEW USER INTERFACE: Prowl the waters with a brand-new user interface. Now, every beginner can successfully command a sub while remaining free of confusion. In expert mode, experienced players will be provided all the necessary information and controls to command the sub completely on their own.
• CINEMATIC EXPERIENCE: Experience the most realistic and immersive Silent Hunter ever created. Improved environment graphics create a powerful level of immersion as you operate authentic, highly detailed U-boats and fight against surface ships.

Early 2010.

Link to where I ripped off the screenshot and c&ped those features from (there's also another SS there, as well as a trailer that I haven't watched) :

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=155001

Alright then.  Carry on.

Edit:  Oops...broken table.  Too bad there isn't a spoiler tag or something on this board.

The Brain

I kind of drifted out of the subsim scene after Gato and Silent Service.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Hey that's not really true, I played some Aces of the Deep too.

Ed Anger

I want an Italian submarine simulator.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 20, 2009, 02:24:58 PM

An Italian attack diver sim would be kind of cool. There would be submarines.

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Brain on August 20, 2009, 02:29:38 PM

An Italian attack diver sim would be kind of cool. There would be submarines.

Oooo. Good one. Frogmen sneaking into Alexandria. Hot.

Caliga

I won't buy any sub sim unless you can shell and machine gun (using the AA guns I guess) people in the water.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Caliga on August 20, 2009, 02:56:57 PM
I won't buy any sub sim unless you can shell and machine gun (using the AA guns I guess) people in the water.

Didn't the last one have lifeboats?  Could you not shoot those up?  I don't remember (haven't played SH<#> in a while now).

CountDeMoney

Go fill your bathtub and stick your head under.  Same thing.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 21, 2009, 07:06:46 AM

Go fill your bathtub and stick your head under.  Same thing.

:lol:

I'd need a screen door for a Polack sub sim.

Drakken

Doesn't replace the GWX supermod.

Iormlund

Quote from: Drakken on August 22, 2009, 02:06:49 AM
Doesn't replace the GWX supermod.

That's the real question, isn't it? If the new engine is mod-friendly, I will buy it fairly quickly. If there are no improvements there, I see no reason to upgrade. Hell, I'm still waiting for GWX4 to buy SH4.

Lucidor

What is the scenario? Atlantic war, Pacific?

Ape

Quote from: Lucidor on August 22, 2009, 10:43:36 AM

FFS Lucidor can't you see that it's a Type VII U-boot on the pic in the OP? What kind of geek are you ? <_<

Lucidor

Quote from: Ape on August 22, 2009, 10:57:30 AM
Quote from: Lucidor on August 22, 2009, 10:43:36 AM
FFS Lucidor can't you see that it's a Type VII U-boot on the pic in the OP? What kind of geek are you ? <_<
Hmmm, I am probably less of one than you all are. :blush: My GF lets me do nerdish things, so I figure I'm not too close to falling off the edge to nerdvana.