News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Victoria 2

Started by Liep, August 19, 2009, 02:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

God, let that joke drop. It was funny the first few times. The comedy was never really in the text..it was in watching Hitler explode in rage over silly things like his Xbox being cancelled. :P

This one didn't even coerce a smile from me.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

barkdreg

The part were everybody who found learning to play victoria too hard had to leave the room made me smile.

Tamas

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

Quote from: DGuller on August 19, 2009, 07:47:42 AM
Will Vicky 2 still have a Stalinist economic model?
:lol:

You mean like the one Vicky 1 had?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Iormlund

QuoteIn other news the capitalists have completed their fifth glass factory in the state of Brandenburg
:lol:

barkdreg

http://www.europa-universalis.com/forum/showthread.php?p=10032675#post10032675

Seems like the paradox ceo doesn't believe this game will make a profit.

Tamas

Quote from: barkdreg on August 22, 2009, 01:28:46 PM

Kind of good publicity stunt, especially since either the game will suck as a deep 19th century simulation, or masses won't buy it.

dps

I know that Johan posted a year or so ago that Vicy had the lowest sales of any Paradox game.

Josquius

He says its no secret, first I've heard of it, what'd he vote for instead?

Seems like 'Plz don't pirate, help your hero Johan!' stuff.
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Quote from: Tyr on August 22, 2009, 01:43:35 PM
He says its no secret, first I've heard of it, what'd he vote for instead?

Seems like 'Plz don't pirate, help your hero Johan!' stuff.
Quote from: KingFredrik Universalis - be the CEO of a small Swedish computer games company and chart its progress to world domination.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Neil

This game will sink or swim based on its treatment of dreadnoughts.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

alfred russel

Quote from: dps on August 22, 2009, 01:40:53 PM

I know that Johan posted a year or so ago that Vicy had the lowest sales of any Paradox game.

I'm not suprised--the time period isn't especially appealing for the EU engine. Plus the game design was overambitious with the pops and economic model. With any paradox release I want to wait until multiple patches and possible expansion packs have been released, but I'm tempted to say it is wise to wait for at least the second game in the series as well.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

Quote from: alfred russel on August 22, 2009, 04:26:55 PM
I'm not suprised--the time period isn't especially appealing for the EU engine. Plus the game design was overambitious with the pops and economic model. With any paradox release I want to wait until multiple patches and possible expansion packs have been released, but I'm tempted to say it is wise to wait for at least the second game in the series as well.
I played the shit out of EU1.

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 22, 2009, 04:35:16 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on August 22, 2009, 04:26:55 PM
I played the shit out of EU1.

EU is the gold standard for Paradox--I'll give you EU1. CK and Victoria left a lot more to be desired. Never played HOI.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014