Previous topic - Next topic

Well?

Yes
5 (17.9%)
No
23 (82.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

DisturbedPervert

No. Looked at it but the plugin selection seemed crappy, and I use a lot of plugins in Firefox.  Maybe this will, or has, changed. 

Don't really see a point in trying it again given the absolutely massive number of plugins in Firefox for any almost any purpose.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on August 18, 2009, 06:40:06 PM
No. Looked at it but the plugin selection seemed crappy, and I use a lot of plugins in Firefox.  Maybe this will, or has, changed. 

Don't really see a point in trying it again given the absolutely massive number of plugins in Firefox for any almost any purpose.

What firefox plugins do you use?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: garbon on August 18, 2009, 06:53:27 PM
What firefox plugins do you use?

right now am using

Adblock Plus
BugMeNot
Download Statusbar
Download Helper
FireGestures
FlagFox
ForecastFox
FoxyProxy
Google Toolbar
Hotspot Shield Toolbar
Orange Dictionary
PDF Download
Tab Kit

Monoriu

dps

I had a '70 Dodge that had a lot of chrome on it.....

:D

DontSayBanana

Tried out Chrome, wasn't thrilled- reminded me of the crappy "homebrew" IE variants that kept surfacing around the era of Netscape Navigator. Customizability is piss-poor at best, and flashy graphic icons take up UI and system resource space that could be better used for meaningful information. Google's "c'est la vie" attitude toward closing off user access to settings that could be used to optimize connection and display was also pretty off-putting; it put me in mind of IE's stubborn refusal to implement even basic HTTP pipelining and conform to the HTTP/2.0 standard, even though many browsers enable it by default nowadays.
Experience bij!

saskganesh

tried chrome, it was better than explorer, but I have misgivings about googlecorp, so based on recs by languish Firefox fans, I switched to FF, and I am quite happy.
humans were created in their own image

Barrister

Quote from: saskganesh on August 18, 2009, 09:47:32 PM
tried chrome, it was better than explorer, but I have misgivings about googlecorp, so based on recs by languish Firefox fans, I switched to FF, and I am quite happy.

Try Safari.  :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

citizen k

Quote from: PRC on August 18, 2009, 05:46:22 PM
Yes for the same reason I use bing.  I'm in web development so I use multiple browsers regularly. 

I find Chrome to be all right but every once in awhile I find it fails on a random script or when accessing ssl.
Cross-browser compatibility: web dev holy grail  :cry:

DontSayBanana

Quote from: citizen k on August 18, 2009, 09:57:30 PM
Cross-browser compatibility: web dev holy grail  :cry:

Look to the browsers for that. IE, for example, refuses to adhere to HTTP standards and also strongly encourages ActiveX controls (which no other browser uses).

In related veins, security or other closed-source algorithms might vary between platforms, making interoperability impossible without loads of bloated code.
Experience bij!

saskganesh

Quote from: Barrister on August 18, 2009, 09:55:36 PM
Quote from: saskganesh on August 18, 2009, 09:47:32 PM

Try Safari.  :)

when I use Macs, I use the default Safari, but I am not switching to Macs anytime soon. they perplex me more than they should... I have to reboot them more than I expect.
humans were created in their own image

HisMajestyBOB

I use Mozilla Firefox v3 on my XP partition, and Safari on my Mac. I'm thinking of switching to Firefox for the Mac, too, since Safari's advantages (the Top Sites feature, which was totally stolen from Opera) over Firefox are minor compared to FF's over Safari (adBlock add-on, and FF's ability to let me type phrases into the address bar to search my history, so I could type "off the Record" then pick Languish.org, for example).
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

DontSayBanana

Firefox kicks ass with its huge library of supported (and regularly updated) add-ons- most notably the NoScript extension.
Experience bij!

BuddhaRhubarb

google apps creep me out. why do I want to do all my computing on one site. fuck off.
:p