Previous topic - Next topic

Well?

Yes
5 (17.9%)
No
23 (82.1%)

Total Members Voted: 28

garbon

Similar to M's question about Bing. I saw that many on p'dox OT were loving it and I wondered if anyone here uses it regularly.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

PRC

Yes for the same reason I use bing.  I'm in web development so I use multiple browsers regularly. 

I find Chrome to be all right but every once in awhile I find it fails on a random script or when accessing ssl.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: garbon on August 18, 2009, 05:46:30 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on August 18, 2009, 05:45:45 PM
I use it but only rarely.

When/why do you use it?

When I want to follow a link to amazon to check something out but I don't want to have them start recommending me that shit. Like if somebody posts a link to Twilight.  :lol:

Edit: But like PRC, I have some web-based apps in the environment I support and I use it for testing them.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

Queequeg

Using it to view this website. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

I just installed Chrome and it grabbed up all of my Firefox settings! :o

MadBurgerMaker

No, but I might consider it if it has Adblock, Flashblock, and Last Pass type add-ons.

garbon

I don't think I like not having the standard file-edit-help bar along the top. It feels so un-windows like.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Martinus

Josquius

It sneak installed itself onto my desktop with google earth and you know...it does seem rather nice. Very shiny and somehow spacious. I've only ever used it as a secondary browser, never attempted to run my life on it.
I've heard tales of spyware and other nastyness though which is offputting.
██████
██████
██████

DGuller

I tried it some time ago, wasn't that awed.  I stopped using it completely once I heard the rumors about the typical Google privacy BS.

garbon

Yeah that reminds me again of why I didn't end up using it.