Will any Liberals be satisfied with the Democrats in 2010?

Started by Faeelin, August 16, 2009, 01:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on August 18, 2009, 11:51:10 AM
Cindy Sheehan is about as much a real leftie as Hans. Actually There are no public figures in America that I'd even begin to call "left".

This is a non-starter.  They might not be identical to your lefties or be ideologically attractive to more fanatical lefties but they are still lefties.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

saskganesh

I am a lefty and I eat your unborn babies for breakfast. it's true.
humans were created in their own image

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: saskganesh on August 18, 2009, 11:54:31 AM

That's more because you are a hippy though California Cheeseburgers FTW.
:p

Valmy

and afterwards you wipe your mouth with the American Flag amiright?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

BuddhaRhubarb

In Canada all our napkins and toilet paper has the American flag on it.
:p

derspiess

Quote from: BuddhaRhubarb on August 18, 2009, 11:51:10 AM
Cindy Sheehan is about as much a real leftie as Hans. Actually There are no public figures in America that I'd even begin to call "left".

Are there any American public figures that you would call true Scotsmen?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on August 18, 2009, 07:56:31 AM
What pisses me the fuck off is Hans is dancing the fucking happy dance he now has a way to attack the Democrats politically but the Republicans have zero alternatives and indeed only expanded the fucking health care system themselves when in power.

The GOP has put forth lots of alternatives.  There are plenty of ideas on both sides of the aisle.  But the GOP also realizes it's of the utmost importance to defeat Obamacare.  And to defeat Obama in general :shifty:

I hope Obama fails :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on August 18, 2009, 12:37:26 PM
The GOP has put forth lots of alternatives.  There are plenty of ideas on both sides of the aisle.  But the GOP also realizes it's of the utmost importance to defeat Obamacare.  And to defeat Obama in general :shifty:

I hope Obama fails :D

I hope Obama and the Congress actually put together a good plan. *shrug*

saskganesh

Quote from: Valmy on August 18, 2009, 11:55:41 AM

and afterwards you wipe your mouth with the American Flag amiright?

cocaine laced federal currency and T-bills. and then I curse god.
humans were created in their own image

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on August 18, 2009, 12:38:25 PM
I hope Obama and the Congress actually put together a good plan. *shrug*

I used to wish for the ability to fly (without aid of something like an airplane or catapult ^_^) until I realized the utter futility.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on August 18, 2009, 12:40:07 PM
I used to wish for the ability to fly (without aid of something like an airplane or catapult ^_^) until I realized the utter futility.

I guess I don't see your point.  I always hope the government will do something good and then I get to vote every once in a while.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on August 18, 2009, 12:43:13 PM
I guess I don't see your point.  I always hope the government will do something good and then I get to vote every once in a while.

Your time would be better spent elsewhere or perhaps on hoping that the government doesn't screw things up too mightily. Pelosi&Co aren't capable of doing good.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

How about the government just do nothing, other than un-do past screw-ups?

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on August 18, 2009, 12:45:32 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 18, 2009, 12:43:13 PM

Your time would be better spent elsewhere or perhaps on hoping that the government doesn't screw things up too mightily. Pelosi&Co aren't capable of doing good.

Well I am not the dude who lives in her district.

We just keep sending this guy back to DC: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_McCaul

garbon