News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Ze burkini is a problem with Ze France

Started by viper37, August 13, 2009, 02:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

This is awesome I haven't had a good discussion like this with Merithyn in a while.  :)
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on August 15, 2009, 08:12:26 AM
I don't like Curves. That's a set routine done the same every day. I'd prefer a regular gym sans men. Preferably with a pool. :P

A gym with a set routine and no pool?  Booooo
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on August 15, 2009, 05:06:35 PM
I don't like Curves. That's a set routine done the same every day. I'd prefer a regular gym sans men. Preferably with a pool. :P

A gym with a set routine and no pool?  Booooo

it is hard to have a pool when they set themselves up in former yogurt shops in strip malls.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 15, 2009, 05:22:23 PM
it is hard to have a pool when they set themselves up in former yogurt shops in strip malls.

Yeah well for obvious reasons I have never been in one :P

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on August 15, 2009, 05:23:11 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on August 15, 2009, 05:22:23 PM

Yeah well for obvious reasons I have never been in one :P

I haven't either. I'd like to streak naked through one however.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Grallon on August 15, 2009, 08:25:08 AM
No it isn't and no it doesn't.  I reject all forms of multiculuralism.  If you choose to immigrate into a different society you must adopt its customs, period.  No accomodation under any circumstances.

G.
Surely you've got to distinguish between customs that matter and customs that don't.

Ideologue

You have no idea how different going to a pool is for women than it is for men. You throw on a pair of shorts and hit the water. We spend hours shaving, prepping, doing sit-ups, etc., before we ever get to the pool, and believe me, we don't do it for the other women who are going to be there.

You know, this isn't at all true.  Many men feel the same way.  I've known some overweight dudes that were very sensitive about going to the pool.  Were they giant pussies?  Sure, to an extent, but that's not my point.  Their embarassment was understandable, because women judge at least as severely as men, and probably moreso, given their limited reproductive carrying capacity plus having been shaped by the devil and all.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on August 15, 2009, 06:37:39 PM
You know, this isn't at all true.  Many men feel the same way.  I've known some overweight dudes that were very sensitive about going to the pool.  Were they giant pussies?  Sure, to an extent, but that's not my point.  Their embarassment was understandable, because women judge at least as severely as men, and probably moreso, given their limited reproductive carrying capacity plus having been shaped by the devil and all.

The world loves a fat man. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

No it isn't and no it doesn't.  I reject all forms of multiculuralism.  If you choose to immigrate into a different society you must adopt its customs, period.  No accomodation under any circumstances.

G.

But it is okay for you to be gay in straight society because you never moved?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on August 15, 2009, 05:02:44 PM
Whatever most of the men out there look like shit with their big bellies hanging out.  I wish they would spend hours not making the rest of us go blind.
Men don't care, generally speaking.  They have no shame.

I do think women judge other women though.  If men gave a girl walking down the street the sort of once over I've seen other women do they'd be called perverts.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 15, 2009, 11:31:18 PM
Men don't care, generally speaking.  They have no shame.

Some are into that, of course.

dps

Quote from: garbon on August 15, 2009, 09:23:53 PM

G.

But it is okay for you to be gay in straight society because you never moved?

Not only is his position odd from that perspective, it's also ironic given that he's in Quebec.

garbon

Quote from: dps on August 15, 2009, 11:48:34 PM
Not only is his position odd from that perspective, it's also ironic given that he's in Quebec.

I thought about that, but I envisioned he'd say that the whole French brouhaha is part of Quebec society and that he is from there.

saskganesh

I live in multicultural Toronto and the candy shop is awesome.

different tastes I guess. 

... as for fitness clubs, goto cc's. very cheap and all types. lotsa wimmins stuff too.
humans were created in their own image