Stuff you'd like to do but are too afraid to

Started by viper37, August 12, 2009, 03:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on August 12, 2009, 03:31:39 PM
QuoteBut going outside of the cage and swimming with the great white sharks, holding them by their fins, I don't think I could do it.  Call me a pussy, but I just can't do that.

You're afraid to swim in the open ocean with 25 foot long mega predators?  :huh:

Yes, I know, it's silly.  Some have irrational fears of spiders & insects, I have an irrational fear of sharks since seeing Jaws for the first time.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 12, 2009, 04:10:28 PM
Quote from: viper37 on August 12, 2009, 03:11:35 PM
But going outside of the cage and swimming with the great white sharks, holding them by their fins, I don't think I could do it.  Call me a pussy, but I just can't do that.  No way I'm going to put my fingers into his nose and have him raise in the air either. 

Does anyone do that?
apparently, yes.  I saw a documentary on this, and since saw that some places offer this for 20 000$ or more.  You start in a cage, and you can go out if you want to.

EDIT:  Not as bad as I thought: 5900$/person
http://www.biganimals.com/gw_shark.html

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

derspiess

My kid will walk up to a growling, barking dog & try to pet it.  Yet when we tried to give him a bubble bath for the first time last night he was afraid of the bubbles :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on August 13, 2009, 03:10:11 PM
My kid will walk up to a growling, barking dog & try to pet it.  Yet when we tried to give him a bubble bath for the first time last night he was afraid of the bubbles :lol:
Spare the rod, spoil the child!  :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

sbr

Quote from: derspiess on August 13, 2009, 03:10:11 PM
:lmfao:

Sounds like my youngest when she was tiny.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 13, 2009, 09:00:26 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 13, 2009, 08:58:25 AM
I admit I only know them from Mail Call.  But still seemed kinda kickass.

Live, not so much.

No shit.

"..and now, we see the Golden Knights descending...and descending...and descending..."

jimmy olsen

Sky diving is one I'd definitely if wasn't worried about how my right leg would hold up on impact.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 13, 2009, 06:34:55 PM
Sky diving is one I'd definitely if wasn't worried about how my right leg would hold up on impact.

Be sure to land on your face.

Grey Fox

First time, you land on your ass.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 14, 2009, 06:36:46 AM

First time, you land on your ass.
not really.  I was a few meters beside the X, but I landed fine :)
Wish I could do it again.