Stuff you'd like to do but are too afraid to

Started by viper37, August 12, 2009, 03:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

For all the pussies, list the stuff you won't do because you're scared, but would still like to do if you could conquer your fear.

On my list:

• base jumping.  Parachute is ok, I'm not scared.  But jumping off a cliff, no way, I'm freaked.
  • swimming with sharks.  You know, like in Florida or the Bahamas, for 20k$, you get to be in cage where they bait the sharks to get them close to you, that I think I could manage.  But going outside of the cage and swimming with the great white sharks, holding them by their fins, I don't think I could do it.  Call me a pussy, but I just can't do that.  No way I'm going to put my fingers into his nose and have him raise in the air either. 
    In fact, I'm getting nowhere near a shark, any shark, even the little blue ones I think without a cage and a chainmail on me.
  • Sleeping in a cage with venomous snakes.  No way.  I'm sure it's a thrill of a lifetime, but I'm having nightmares just thinking of it.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

I don't think that I want to do anything that I'm afraid of.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DisturbedPervert

QuoteBut going outside of the cage and swimming with the great white sharks, holding them by their fins, I don't think I could do it.  Call me a pussy, but I just can't do that.

You're afraid to swim in the open ocean with 25 foot long mega predators?  :huh:

derspiess

I want to go to an Argentine soccer game.  Technically I guess that doesn't really qualify since I'm not really afraid, but my wife is terrified of the idea.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

I would like to visit a FARC camp and debate with them on the merits of liberal democracy and free markets.

The Brain

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 12, 2009, 03:38:08 PM
I would like to visit a FARC camp and debate with them on the merits of liberal democracy and free markets.

:huh: You have Martim don't you?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Quote from: viper37 on August 12, 2009, 03:11:35 PM
But going outside of the cage and swimming with the great white sharks, holding them by their fins, I don't think I could do it.  Call me a pussy, but I just can't do that.  No way I'm going to put my fingers into his nose and have him raise in the air either. 

Does anyone do that?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

I don't really know...so much of the stuff that is scary is also expensive.
Travelling in India/bits of Africa/Other interesting but poor places I guess would be the big one falling under this
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

Quote from: Josephus on August 12, 2009, 04:23:06 PM
Go to Kenya.  ;)
Thats one place I could do with minimum risk and cost actually, the African exchange student I briefly went out with was from there and we split amicably :ph34r:

But in general the idea with these places- too expensive to get there, too cut off from civilization, too dangerous overall and much too dangerous for white people alone.
██████
██████
██████

Martim Silva

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 12, 2009, 03:42:22 PM
Quote from: The Brain on August 12, 2009, 03:41:00 PM
:huh: You have Martim don't you?
He doesn't tote a fusil.

AK-47.

Fusil is so 1930s.

I would try to reason with you. Failing that, I'd put you up on the list for reeducation. You'd learn to see things right in a decade or so.

Just joking  ;)

In fact, I suspect the next round of bank bailouts and mega stimulus coupled with a huge tax increase will probably do wonders for your perception of the "free market"... which you don't have in the USA, btw - your markets are very influenced by the bank-owned funds, and the banks are in turn heavily subsidized by the taxpayer, to the tune of several trillions a year.

As for me, I have two things I might like to do:

1) Kill the whole government during the next 'State of the Nation' debate.

I'm afraid I'd be shot by the police after I've finished. Besides, they're such a useless bunch that they'd probably be replaced with little difficulty in a couple of days.

2) Become a pirate in Southeast Asia/China Sea. I very often dream about it since I was a kid, but the fact I don't speak the local languages stops me. Also, I would be at a higher risk of being killed, since I'm not a local... though I could turn that to my advantage.  :shifty:

Razgovory

I'd like to a public place and strike up witty and intelligent conversations.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017