Man jumps in river to escape Wife's nagging

Started by Vince, August 13, 2009, 01:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vince

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_3434479.html

QuoteHusband jumps in river to escape nagging

A Chinese lorry driver jumped into a fast-flowing river because he couldn't take his wife's nagging anymore.

Zhou and his wife were on a ferry on the Yangtze River when it all became too much for him, reports the Chongqing Evening Post.

Members of the ship's crew saw the man suddenly run out of his cabin with his hands covering his ears, and shouting: "I can't stand it any longer."

They initially thought he was suffering from an ear injury and went to help him but found he was unhurt.

"While we were still puzzling over the this, his wife ran up and continued nagging him," said one crewmate.

"The husband covered his ears again and said: 'I need a break' before jumping over the side into the rushing river.

"We immediately found lamps to light up the water but found nobody. The possibility of survival can be zero."

However, later that night, police found the man who had managed to swim more than a mile across across the broad river.

"I felt I was dying, but even that's better than my wife's nagging," he reportedly told the police.

The couple were reunited the following morning at the local police station where Zhou's wife promised to give up her habit of nagging him.

I wonder what Mono has been up to...

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

Also answers the question: can he swim a mile?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

How sad. Another case of gay marriage breaking up a happy straight couple. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on August 13, 2009, 01:26:45 PM
How sad. Another case of gay marriage breaking up a happy straight couple. :(

I know my ability to take being nagged has remained high since I know I cannot just leave her for a gay man, because they aren't bitchy or anything.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DisturbedPervert

QuoteZhou's wife promised to give up her habit of nagging him.

Good luck with that.  She's gonna nag him about jumping in to a river until he jumps off a cliff.

HVC

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on August 13, 2009, 01:36:53 PM
QuoteZhou's wife promised to give up her habit of nagging him.

Good luck with that.  She's gonna nag him about jumping in to a river until he jumps off a cliff.
"Some man you are, can't ever drown yourself properly!"
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

KRonn

Quote from: Malthus on August 13, 2009, 01:10:59 PM
Also answers the question: can he swim a mile?
Looks like he sets the new mark to beat!

Drakken

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 13, 2009, 02:02:19 PM
Good man.

He'd have thrown the nagging wife in the water, but the wife wouldn't stop even there, "There you go, too unmanly to even murder me properly to shut me up".

sbr

I don't remember if I posted this there before or not

QuoteRussian man survives five storey fall - twice

A Russian man survived after downing three bottles of vodka and leaping from a fifth floor balcony - twice.

Alexei Roskov says he jumped the second time because he couldn't take his wife's nagging about the first time.

Wife Yekaterina had watched in horror as her drunken hubsand opened the kitchen window of their Moscow apartment, and hurled himself out.

Astonishingly Mr Roskov, 22, survived and managed to stagger back upstairs with barely a scratch after the 50ft fall.

But while his wife called for an ambulance and began to scold him, he jumped again.

Amazed medics treated Mr Roskov for minor cuts and bruises before releasing him.

Mr Roskov says he is now teetotal after giving up drinking, and added: "Now I can say just one thing - I was very lucky.

"I have no idea why I jumped the first time but when I came back up and I heard my wife screaming angrily at me I thought it was best if I left the room again - out of the window."

charliebear

Does the wife give nagging lessons?  I'll sign up.