News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Activists, actors, athletics honored by Obama

Started by garbon, August 12, 2009, 02:32:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on August 12, 2009, 02:32:02 PM

Oh and for Fae, Marty, etc, look at our strong supporter. He's honoring a dead gay guy. :swiss:

Is this his way of saying that the only good gay is a dead gay? :unsure:

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on August 12, 2009, 05:00:28 PM
I live to smite heretics.
Do you smite them with cookies and well-worded conciliatory orations? :P

Anyway I'm with garbon - I consider you to be non-religious, too, to your credit. :D

Martinus

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 12, 2009, 03:47:40 PM
The exact medals and citations are as follows:

Sideny Poitier - Presidential Medallion for Preserverance in Film Direction, for his work in directing Ghost Dad
Rev. Joseph Lowery - Presidential "Mellow Yellow" Award, for his inauguration benediction
Billie Jean King - Presidential Time for Payback Ribbon - for beating senseless an over the hill white guy.
Sandra Day O'Connor - Presidential Order of Outcome Oriented Jurisprudence - lifetime achievement award.
Archbishop Desmond Tutu of South Africa - The "Marti" Medal - special Presidential award for least homophobic African cleric.
Sen. Edward M. Kennedy - Presidential Meritorious Motor Vehicle Operation Citation.
Jack Kemp - Presidential Are You Still Around And if So Why? Badge
Harvey Milk. - Special Presidential Citation for Grace Under Fire
:D

Martinus

Martinus

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on August 12, 2009, 06:01:52 PM
Oh, King is a dyke so it's 2:1. :thumbsup:
Every one of them except for those two was heterosexual.  Moreover, a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage will pass, with Obama's endorsement.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on August 12, 2009, 04:56:52 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 12, 2009, 03:37:40 PM
Oh I don't consider people who attend fruity churches, like Unitarian ones, to be religious.

So only people who attend false churches who spit on truth and curse virtue are religious?
Not entirely.  However, My adherents don't show as much zeal as those of the false gods, which is just the way that I like it.  I would never think to encourage people to lock themselves away from football games on Sunday mornings.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Martinus

Quote from: Neil on August 12, 2009, 06:08:46 PM
Every one of them except for those two was heterosexual.  Moreover, a constitutional amendment banning gay marriage will pass, with Obama's endorsement.

Tutu also supports gay rights.

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on August 12, 2009, 06:15:06 PM
Quote from: Neil on August 12, 2009, 06:08:46 PM

Tutu also supports gay rights.
Yeah, but you hate him because he's a Catholic.  Although, like you, he's a mindless anti-semite, so I guess it's more complicated than that.

Besides, the most important thing is that Obama does not support gay rights.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on August 12, 2009, 06:19:53 PM
Besides, the most important thing is that Obama does not support gay rights.

Who died and made Obama important?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Neil

Sheilbh

Quote from: Caliga on August 12, 2009, 03:12:13 PM
Quote from: Berkut on August 12, 2009, 03:09:11 PM
It is a testament to our great nation that even after negligently killing young woman you are trying to have sex with, you can still go on to receive an award like this.
I can't figure out why Obama so openly and flagrantly worships the guy.  He's nothing but a massive pile of baggage.  I mean, why the fuck was he given that big central role at the DNC last year?  I don't recall Clinton ever doing anything like that with Uncle Teddy.
Sentimentality.  Because it looked like being his last campaign and last convention. 

QuoteYeah, but you hate him because he's a Catholic.
Will no-one respect the Anglican Communion :weep:

I love Tutu.  The guy gives an amazing speech.  When he starts his 'MR HU.  YOU HAVE ALREADY LOST...' bit of his speeches it's beautiful.

I generally like the list.  Even Jack Kemp :o
Let's bomb Russia!

Neil

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 12, 2009, 07:13:05 PM
Will no-one respect the Anglican Communion :weep:
You can't respect someone who doesn't respect themself.