Hitchens: Clinton should have let Ling and Lee rot in N. Korea

Started by jimmy olsen, August 12, 2009, 01:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnchorClanker

Quote from: garbon on August 12, 2009, 03:14:13 PM
Quote from: AnchorClanker on August 12, 2009, 03:11:41 PM
It way cooler to release evil Imperialist tools posing as journalists, especially when they admit to illegally crossing the border.  There was NO act of submission, it was portrayed as an act of mercy.

But one could have acts of mercy without involving external actors. I think monarchies of Europe used to do it all the time.

Nah.  Even better to get the Yanks to come and beg in public.  Way cooler than a unilateral action.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on August 12, 2009, 03:13:54 PM
I don't understand why they keep the charade up at this point, quite frankly.  It's not like Bill actually helped her win the Presidency.

I'm afraid that I don't understand the motivation of any Congolese individual.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: AnchorClanker on August 12, 2009, 03:15:22 PM
Nah.  Even better to get the Yanks to come and beg in public.  Way cooler than a unilateral action.

I suppose it did make for a nice photo op, like it did for us.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on August 12, 2009, 03:15:58 PMI'm afraid that I don't understand the motivation of any Congolese individual.
:huh:

I meant I don't understand why the Clintons keep the charade up that they are like a married couple.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

AnchorClanker

Quote from: garbon on August 12, 2009, 03:15:58 PM
Quote from: Caliga on August 12, 2009, 03:13:54 PM
I don't understand why they keep the charade up at this point, quite frankly.  It's not like Bill actually helped her win the Presidency.

I'm afraid that I don't understand the motivation of any Congolese individual.
:lol: :lol:
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Berkut

Quote from: garbon on August 12, 2009, 03:16:35 PM

It did?

What was so cool for us to see an ex-President and SecState go hat in hand to a little fucking tool like Dear Leader?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Caliga

I agree.  The prison camp should have been FLATTENED WITH A BLU-82.  :mad:

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on August 12, 2009, 03:18:55 PM
It did?

What was so cool for us to see an ex-President and SecState go hat in hand to a little fucking tool like Dear Leader?

Sure. We had three prominent democrats (Obama & The Clintons) arranging for the release of two of our citizens. Look at that Dem Starpower. ^_^ And why it even deflected attention from the fact that snake-like Al Gore raised nary a finger to help his people.

AnchorClanker

Quote from: Berkut on August 12, 2009, 03:18:55 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 12, 2009, 03:16:35 PM

It did?

People are slobbering over Bill and his brilliant diplomacy, aren't they? :contract:

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on August 12, 2009, 03:17:18 PM
:huh:

I meant I don't understand why the Clintons keep the charade up that they are like a married couple.

Because their tag team duo is what first helped them launch political careers.  Breaking the pact would look ugly and messy.

And yes, I knew what you had meant, I simply couldn't resist. :blush:

garbon

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on August 12, 2009, 03:21:04 PM
Sure. We had three prominent democrats (Obama & The Clintons) arranging for the release of two of our citizens. Look at that Dem Starpower. ^_^ And why it even deflected attention from the fact that snake-like Al Gore raised nary a finger to help his people.
Well, I dunno about you, but when I saw Bill and Al bear hug one another, I got a massive stiffy.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on August 12, 2009, 03:09:39 PM
I'm glad that Hillary got all bitchy when asked about Bill's opinion, recently. :)

That was funny as hell.  Even funnier when it turned out to be a mistranslation of the question.  My first thought when I saw that was "Boy I bet grabon wets his pants when he sees this"  :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on August 12, 2009, 03:23:32 PM
:puke:

I'm not (I don't even like Bill Clinton), but it is most certainly the case that people are.  I think people's views of Bill are getting rosier as times passes. Back to a simpler, pre-financial meltdown, pre-Bush time when our big worries were about who the President was sleeping with and whether or not Y2K would bring us to our knees.