am I next? or The Swine Flu Rubed me on the bitch?

Started by I Killed Kenny, August 12, 2009, 12:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I Killed Kenny

The Swine Flu didn't rubed me already.

Still I'll drink as much Lemon Tea and drink as much water as I can, I really hope I don't get it so I can rub it on my girlfriends face :menace:

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on August 12, 2009, 02:35:05 PM
Quote from: Martinus on August 12, 2009, 01:24:47 PM
Way to go producing a drug-resistant strain if they prescribe tamiflu every time someone has a cold.

Thank god they didn't offer it just because someone was having a cold.

In any case, most cases of flu do not warrant the use of Tamiflu.

BVN

This flu has killed less people then the normal winter flu. As long as there isn't a sudden mutation in the virus, healthy people should be fine. Besides it is never the flu that kills you, but always a secondary pathology (like pneumonia).

And there is no need to take Tamilflu. Most people heal fine without it. Only the worst cases should get Tamilflu. Otherwise, we could get a Tamilflu-resistant virus.

Martinus

Quote from: BVN on August 13, 2009, 06:52:32 AM
This flu has killed less people then the normal winter flu. As long as there isn't a sudden mutation in the virus, healthy people should be fine. Besides it is never the flu that kills you, but always a secondary pathology (like pneumonia).

And there is no need to take Tamilflu. Most people heal fine without it. Only the worst cases should get Tamilflu. Otherwise, we could get a Tamilflu-resistant virus.
Agreed in both counts.

The second wave, that may come in winter, may however prove more dangerous due to accompanying diseases, that often crop up in winter. Which is why, paradoxically, people who get the swine flu now may be the safest because they will acquire some immunity to the virus before it hits back.

The Brain

Quote from: Martim Silva on August 12, 2009, 04:53:45 PM
Quote from: The Brain on August 12, 2009, 02:47:00 PM
Here's a thought: then maybe YOU should lock yourself in.

I'd like to do that more than you'd think, but I have a lot of responsibilities that require my presence  :(

Until then, at work all public places (toilets, photocopiers, water fountains) now have detailed instructions on how to wash hands thouroughly and safely, as well as bottles of sterilized alchool to wash them with. HR has also distributed information about how to tell the H1N1 flu from the others and the procedure to take if one gets infected.

I hope you stay healthy. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Quote from: BVN on August 13, 2009, 06:52:32 AM

Tamilflu?

Is that used against the rare Tiger Flu virus?   :huh:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

saskganesh

just wash you hands.

for some strange reason, a large number of medical pros in hospitals are refusing to be vaccinated.
humans were created in their own image

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 13, 2009, 01:13:12 PM
I still have no idea what "rubed" means.

And here I thought, IKK was the one who taught you English.

Anyway, the connection is to the type that IKK posted about being "robbed" on the "beach".
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

I Killed Kenny

Oh and as a precaucionary (sp) massure I'm on Tamiflu now.

It tastes horrible.

I Killed Kenny

Quote from: I Killed Kenny on August 13, 2009, 04:24:30 PM
Oh and as a precaucionary (sp) massure I'm on Tamiflu now.

It tastes horrible.

I did not auto-medicate, it was the medic that ordered me too, because I had intimate :perv: contact with my girlfriend one day before she showned any symptoms.

HVC

Quote from: saskganesh on August 13, 2009, 12:57:35 PM
just wash you hands.

for some strange reason, a large number of medical pros in hospitals are refusing to be vaccinated.
So they can get sick and go on medical leave? :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.