Jermaine plans annual Michael Jackson tribute concert. First stop: Vienna

Started by Syt, August 09, 2009, 11:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Michael Jackson tribute concert in Vienna

QuoteVienna's famous Schönbrunn Palace will be the setting for a Michael Jackson tribute concert. The event will be presented by Jermaine Jackson and the Vienna-based agency World Awards Media.

None of the performers has been named until now but sources in Vienna say that there have been negotiations with U2, Madonna, Lionel Richie and Whitney Houston.

The date for the show hat not been announced as well but there is some speculation theat the event will take place on August 29th which is Michael's birthday.

Ticket sales will start on August 20th.

On August 7th Jermaine Jackson told Larry King that "we are planning an annual Tribute for Michael, the event in Vienna will be the first of its kind. I want to make people aware of the humanitarian side of Michael. I want to show them how his true emphasis wasn't music, or performing; it was improving the world."

The concert will be staged in front of one of Europe's grandest palaces. The multimedia stage will be approximately 165 feet wide, it consists of massive mobile LED walls that can be independently controlled and moved.

A runway will allow presenters and artists to walk through the audience. The tip of the runway will be formed as a crown. There will be various stage levels for performing artists, the house band and the presenters.

The official website:
http://www.tribute2009.com/

It appears that the website is run by the same "World Awards" group that recently did the "Save the World Awards" in Austria's only (uncompleted) nuclear plant; Jermaine accepted a price for his newlydead brother there.
http://www.worldawards.com/
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

What's really annoying, though, is that my preferred radio station keeps pronouncing "Jermaine" as "Jeremiah".  :rolleyes:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.