News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

A glance at HoI3

Started by Norgy, August 07, 2009, 04:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Ideologue on September 04, 2009, 02:16:01 PM

Note for Tamas: "acquiring" a copy of the patch won't work either, because it just told me it couldn't find HoI3 installed. :P

Apparently, you suck.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Viking

Is it time to buy it yet?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

MadBurgerMaker

Whoa they weren't kidding about the performance increase.  A day takes about half the time it did before the patch. 

Edit:  Diggin the simplified terrain mapmode.  Now if they could only somehow combine that with the political map, I'd be all set.  Oh and it doesn't seem to unpause anymore when you select a unit from that side dropdown menu thing.  That was terribly annoying.

Ideologue

Quote from: sbr on September 04, 2009, 03:01:31 PM
I can't figure out how to get it through Steam.  Isn't it just supposed to, like, auto-do it?

Note for Tamas: "acquiring" a copy of the patch won't work either, because it just told me it couldn't find HoI3 installed. :P

I miss the old zip archives that you manually configured.  So much less opaque about how they worked.

Any of this helpful

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=427915

I'll try it, but isn't this the same GG-version installer that can be acquired elsewhere (edit: and for a fraction of the download time)?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Tamas on September 04, 2009, 03:31:54 PM

Apparently, you suck.

:(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

I reckon I'll take the plunge tonight.  I'll try from Gamers gate because whenever I download a game from Steam I can't find the files that make up the game.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Tamas

Quote from: Razgovory on September 04, 2009, 08:01:33 PM
I reckon I'll take the plunge tonight.  I'll try from Gamers gate because whenever I download a game from Steam I can't find the files that make up the game.

I haven't tried 1.2 yet, gotta say that I still find unlimited naval distance for AI quite disgusting, it basically renders the pacific theatre meaningless, and a joke.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

Quote from: Razgovory on September 05, 2009, 05:46:25 AM
Quote from: The Brain on September 05, 2009, 05:42:18 AM
I reckon I'll take the plunge tonight. 

Are you insane?

I have a certificate that says just that.

BFD. I have a certificate that says I'm sane.

Josephus

Quote from: Tamas on September 05, 2009, 05:45:47 AM

I haven't tried 1.2 yet, gotta say that I still find unlimited naval distance for AI quite disgusting, it basically renders the pacific theatre meaningless, and a joke.

But unlimited naval ranges are the norm for P'dox games no? I remember seeing Aussie and Jap fleets duking it out in the Med in HOI2
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

sbr

Quote from: Josephus on September 05, 2009, 09:39:33 AM

But unlimited naval ranges are the norm for P'dox games no? I remember seeing Aussie and Jap fleets duking it out in the Med in HOI2

But the devs said specifically that that wouldn't happen this time. :shrug:

Drakken

They changed their mind and returned to unlimited range? :huh:

That's it, no buying from me.  :mad: