And we're back!

Main Menu

BROFORCE

Started by Syt, April 07, 2014, 12:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

... IS NOW ON STEAM EARLY ACCESS!!!!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/274190?snr=1_41_4__42

For some reason I feel all news about this game should be in all caps and excessive exclamation marks.

http://www.broforcegame.com/

What is it? Basically it looks like a Contra-like with all your favorite action heroes.

QuoteWhen evil threatens the world, the world calls on Broforce - an under-funded, over-powered paramilitary organization dealing exclusively in excessive force. Brace your loins with up to four players to run 'n' gun as dozens of different bros and eliminate the opposing terrorist forces that threaten our way of life. Unleash scores of unique weapons and set off incredible chain reactions of fire, napalm, and limbs in the name of freedom.

- The Broforce: Deliver your own brand of shock and awe with dozens of bros each with their own unique weaponry and special attacks designed to dispatch freedom across the world.
- Bro-Op & Deathmatch: Battle terrorism with up to four players in cooperative mode or sever ties with your bros and face each other in several bombastic competitive modes.
- Explosion Run: Join up with other bros to tackle these unique time attack levels under the pressure of exploding terrains and mass chaos.
- Fully Destructible Everything: Destructible terrain opens up a slew of strategic options while the abundance of Exploding Red Barrels of Justice™ can literally level the playing field with one shot.
- Level Editor: Design your own playground of destruction with a robust level editor and become the envy of all the other bros by sharing them online. Browse through scores of custom user created levels and complete them to rate their Bro-ness.

The following features and content are planned in future updates via Early Access. Visit the Steam Community Hub, Broforce Forums, or follow Free Lives (@Free_Lives) on Twitter for news and requests for feedback on future updates.

- New Bros: Broforce is always looking for a few good bros to join the team. Free Lives will create a plethora of new bros and are always interested in hearing your ideas of powerful heroes that can bare the burden of being a bro.
- New Missions: New missions will be added to the world map through development and will extend to new environments and locales.
- Tweaks and Polish: Broforce is pretty rocking now but Free Lives will be iterating, tweaking, and polishing to see what works and what needs more time in the oven. Feedback welcome, bros!
- Explosions 3.0: What is Broforce without better explosions? Ongoing revisions and additions to the explosions are tantamount to fulfilling Broforce's destiny.
- Sound Design and Music: Continuing work to revise and add new music and sound design to celebrate freedom in your ears.

Gameplay video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXUZJO0f83c
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

There is a FREE ALPHA VERSION & I played that one.

It was pretty fun, it's Contra.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Played an hour of it and it's stupid fun. I'm kinda glad that with the range of characters they randomize which one you get when you die/pick up a prisoner. Otherwise you would just stick with one or two that you like best. I always groan when I get MacBrover and his explosives, or Brodell Walker, Texas Ranger.

I've finished the jungle area (the second boss was tough - he keeps coming back from death, so I only managed to beat him by pelting him with MacBrover's dynamite till he dropped through the bottom of the screen and finally died.

It's explody, a bit puzzly at times, and lots of fun. Tactical pigs! Rabid dogs eating the corpses of the dead! Unlocked characters so far: Rambro (starting character), [spoiler]Brobocop, Bro Dredd (Judge Bro?), B.A. Broraccus, Brominator, Commanbro, Bro Plissken, Bro in Black, Brade, MacBrover, Bro Hard, Brodell Walker - Texas Ranger[/spoiler], and there's at least two or three more, like [spoiler]Mr Anderbro from the Matrix[/spoiler] or [spoiler]Bronan the Barbarian (Brobarian?)[/spoiler].
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

New update is out.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/274190/announcements/detail/209731631326299764

New Bros:

Cherry Broling (based on Planet Terror):

And Colonel Broddock:

QuoteGame Audio Legend/God/Superbro amongst bros Joonas Turner has also lent his angelic voice to us in the form of a new announcer and updated voicework for the terrorists.

For those that like lists, here is a list of smaller things that we're including in this update:

Made GR-13 jump back correctly
    Fixed Boondock Bros avatar showing incorrectly for a second
    F12 now toggles HUD (rather than just hide it)
    Fixed Windows in City (and elsewhere) breaking after a radio tower start.
    More Agressive/Less Forgetful Mookopter
    Fixed Bombardment Flashes getting stuck during Time Bro Motion
    Improved Camera Trigger Actions
    Fix Dual Shock 3 controllers crashing on Macs (thanks Unity!)
    MANY fixes related to Macs and startup
    Fixed lack of propane momentum when stepping off propane tanks
    Improved Z ordering of background foliage
    A lot of work on the announcer voice
    Made muzzle flashes stick to guns
    5% faster mook reaction times
    Scriptable enemies in Level Editor (WORK IN PROGRESS!)
    Ellen Ripbro's plasma damages terrain more
    Broniversal Soldier has a higher rate of fire for his primary weapon
    Villagers 2.0
    Bros can stand on mook parachutes.
    Placing unused terrain pieces in your levels will no longer break the levels
    Fixed outlines on some parallax pieces

Now, go celebrate your independence by dropping some napalm on Satan! YEAH! Have some friends who still need to be brought around to our democratic ways? Broforce will be 33% off this whole weekend!

Angry Joe interviewed their leader at E3 - official release is scheduled for early 2015, and levels will include xenomorphs (aliens) and hell.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Well, BROFORCE gets an Expendables 3 Expandalone.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-05-broforce-gets-an-official-the-expendables-3-crossover?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=socialoomph

QuoteThe first time we covered Broforce I noted that it's "what The Expendables game should have been." Well, someone at Lionsgate had a similar idea and decided to collaborate with Broforce developer Free Lives to create a free promotional spin-off of the testosterone-mad shooter that's a crossover with the upcoming The Expendables 3.

Entitled The Expendabros, this standalone PC crossover sees players assume the role of The Expendables 3's various action stars as they fight through 10 stages of destructive mayhem in an effort to take down Mel Gibson's improbably named villain, Conrad Stonebanks.

Like Broforce proper, The Expendabros will feature local co-op for up to four players.

Since The Expendabros is only a promotional item, it has a limited run and will be removed from Steam on 31st December.

Broforce is still in Steam Early Access for PC and Mac. Our 80's action movie aficionado Chris Donlan waxed flowery about the Broforce beta in December. More importantly, Robotron and Defender developer Eugene Jarvis sung his praises of Broforce in a correspondence with Eurogamer where he called it "Mario meets Defender meets Duke Nukem you gotta love it!!!!" He was specifically enamoured with its "gratuitous explosions up the ass!"

"what The Expendables game should have been." - indeed.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Grinning_Colossus

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 07, 2014, 12:10:21 PM
There is a FREE ALPHA VERSION & I played that one.

It was pretty fun, it's Contra.

Every version is the ALPHA version, brah.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Syt

It's coming out of Early Access next week: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/10/09/broforce-song/

QuoteWhen we last visited Broforce [official site], it'd just dropped a July update in time for 'Murica's fourth of July celebrations. At the time, Alice noted that developer Free Lives understood Independence Day the only way a studio hailing from South Africa could: with copious amounts of guns and dodgy American-cum-Australian-cum-Scottish voiceovers. South Africans discussing Americanisms can be hilarious. This power ballad-inspired trailer to mark Broforce's full release on October 15 is pretty funny too.

The Ballad of Rambro, as it's known, typifies Broforce's playful, satirical swipe at American Hollywood-isms and has a Team America: World Police vibe about it. APPARENTLY, US Department of Defense Secretary Ashton Carter had this to say of the news that Broforce is to leave Early Access: "Broforce is the culmination of decades of American military superiority distilled into one sweet ass motherfucking video game. It's even got versus mode and online co-op, bro."

If you enjoyed the above sounds from Broforce musician Deon van Heerden, a special "ultra patriotic" Freedom EP – a five-track album of Broforce music – can be yours. If you purchase Broforce during its Early Access tenure, which runs until next week, the Freedom EP is free and stands as a thank you to those involved pre-full release. You can collect your copy up until October 15, thereafter it will apparently be "prohibitively expensive" but "that's capitalism for you".

Broforce is still currently on Steam Early Access for £11.99 and is due to launch October 15.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_-J3Jv8kfE

—Stephen Jay Gould

Warspite

I'm enjoying BROFOCE, particularly as I'm too busy for a proper sit-down session of any game at the moment. I still laugh at the bad bro puns.  :sleep:
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA