News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

A glance at HoI3

Started by Norgy, August 07, 2009, 04:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 10, 2009, 02:26:53 PM
Hm.  When prioritizing a unit for upgrade, repair, and reinforcement (the green star), am I able to simply click on an HQ to have that "bonus" apply to all the units under it's command, or do I have to go through to each individual division and prioritize them?

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

MadBurgerMaker

sbr

Quote from: BVN on August 10, 2009, 04:35:19 AM
Maybe I'm stupid, but I can't figure out how to stop or influence the converting of energy into fuel. The manual and the strategy guide both say that it is much more efficient to convert oil to fuel or even buy fuel from somebody else, but I can't find any possibility to change the converting process. Or do I just have to import more crude oil so that the balance will shift automatically?

Anybody knows the answer?

I don't think there is anything you can do to shut it off, unfortunately.

Josephus

Can anyone e-mail me the strategy guide? :)

I only have the demo and will buy the game later.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on August 10, 2009, 05:59:50 PM
Can anyone e-mail me the strategy guide? :)

I only have the demo and will buy the game later.

No, pirate, no.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habsburg

:D :lol:

I must admit that Paradox site is a hoot just now.

Firstly, I still play Victoria, HOI2, and EU2, LOVE 'em.  They all took about a year from release to get to peak, but Paradox stood firm in their support and work.  :wub:

So they get all these 14 year olds that are all like: OMG#$$#%$#@!# the diplomacy DOESN'T WERK!!!! USA, teh SWISS, and Holland all join the allies in 1937!!1!!   Then we find out the player (Chermany) has gone on a conquest campaign all of 1936 and 7.  :lol:  Yeah, playing Grabby McGrab will drive the rest of the world into the allied alliance, duh.

Then we have people who are all like OMG!!^&%&^$%$Z!! when eye playz teh fast it's takes 9 seconds for a day.  :huh:  I'm like yeah, well I play HOI2 on above average and it probably takes 8 seconds for a day.  Big deal.

That said there does seem to be big issues, I'm sure P'Dox will solve them.

I'd buy the game today, but I'm pretty sure it would burn my CPU  :lol:, and I'm looking for a new PC so I'll surely purchase HOI3 right after.

Barrister

Quote from: Habsburg on August 10, 2009, 06:25:41 PM
Firstly, I still play Victoria, HOI2, and EU2, LOVE 'em.  They all took about a year from release to get to peak, but Paradox stood firm in their support and work.  :wub:

Habs - you should pick up EU3.  It's matured wonderfully.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Habsburg

Beeb, will I miss all the historic events with EU3??  :(

garbon

Or not and wait for the eu2 "fan-made" update that will most certainly not tax people's systems. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: Habsburg on August 10, 2009, 06:32:56 PM
Beeb, will I miss all the historic events with EU3??  :(

I don't think so.  There's a variety of missions and events that have a good sense of history, without having the straight-jacket feel of some EU2 events.

Habsburg

Cool.  Maybe I'll grab it while waiting for my PC upgrade/on to HOI3.  :hug:

Barrister

Quote from: Habsburg on August 10, 2009, 06:37:22 PM
Cool.  Maybe I'll grab it while waiting for my PC upgrade/on to HOI3.  :hug:

Double check that your graphics card can handle Pixel Shader 2.0.  Any card from the last few years should be no problem, but if you're attempting to run from integrated graphics you could have a problem.

Kleves

Quote from: Habsburg on August 10, 2009, 06:25:41 PM
We should get another EU2 MP game one of these days. :shifty:
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Habsburg

Josquius

Then we have people who are all like OMG!!^&%&^$%$Z!! when eye playz teh fast it's takes 9 seconds for a day.  :huh:  I'm like yeah, well I play HOI2 on above average and it probably takes 8 seconds for a day.  Big deal.
That is a big deal.
Its not as bad as it is with EU3 (Where you're supposed to be covering centuries of time...) but still quite crappily slow when you're not in a war.
██████
██████
██████