News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

A glance at HoI3

Started by Norgy, August 07, 2009, 04:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

WTF  :lol:

As spring set in, the Italians attacked with a HUGE army compared to our french-british forces at the border and broke through. I landed in Sicily and Naples to discourage them, but did not manage to. Late March I have two divisions south of Rome (which is defended so can't take it yet), while 2-3 other divisions are mopping up southern Italy.
My forces in southern France are making such a rush to a soon-to-fall Marseille that it makes Dunkirk(or whatever) seems like a tea party. And yes, I am evacuating them to Southern Italy to fight there. And yes they are running there from Italian forces.

The Italians are actually pretty near to Paris now, all the French army is scrambling against them so the Germans will pour over the border soon I am sure. Oh, and Turkey agreed to join me. As a matter of fact most countries lean toward Allies they just don't want to join. With France being out soon I wonder if this will change.

Warspite

Tito is a general in the Yugoslav Army :frusty:
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

PDH

Quote from: Warspite on August 09, 2009, 02:49:13 PM
Tito is a general in the Yugoslav Army :frusty:
Oh you Balkan types with your demands for silly little nitpicks of historical accuracy...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Kleves

Paradox has really gone into the shitter, haven't they? Which is actually good news for me, because reading threads like this provides more entertainment than HoI3 ever would.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Neil

I'm pissed at HOI2 right now.  Advanced Turbojet Naval bombers are annihilating my Supersonic Interceptors, and killing my convoys by the dozens.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Syt

There's reports of Germans landing in the U.S. in 1940, or going to the Malacca Straights (seen the screenshot) , or landing in China to aid Japan.

Some see it as "great AI" trying to exploit weaknesses.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Syt on August 09, 2009, 11:03:00 PM
There's reports of Germans landing in the U.S. in 1940, or going to the Malacca Straights (seen the screenshot) , or landing in China to aid Japan.

Some see it as "great AI" trying to exploit weaknesses.

the fanboys are blinded, as always. :s
it's a game with potential, but it'll take a while for it to get there

garbon

This post (in response to inaccurate Hungarian claims) made me laugh:

Quotewhocares about hungry ? just invade them and make them wash your toilets

The sheer mindlessness that goes on, on that board. :lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Monoriu

I'll buy it.  But not now.

BVN

Maybe I'm stupid, but I can't figure out how to stop or influence the converting of energy into fuel. The manual and the strategy guide both say that it is much more efficient to convert oil to fuel or even buy fuel from somebody else, but I can't find any possibility to change the converting process. Or do I just have to import more crude oil so that the balance will shift automatically?

Anybody knows the answer?

Tamas

Biggest mistake: I did  not annex the north-italian nazi state. Now the fuckers can't supply me.

Besides their whole forming is fubared. I have to conquer all italian keys to trigger it meaning I control all of italy how the fuck do they appear then? Just to surrender immediately, none the less.

Oh and dont send your fleets on patrol. My Mediterranean Fleet was sent out of Alexandria to patrol the seas south of Genoa. Couple of weeks later I get the news of them sinking some Japanese ship off the coast of China.

Monoriu

Quote from: Tamas on August 10, 2009, 05:36:36 AM

Oh and dont send your fleets on patrol. My Mediterranean Fleet was sent out of Alexandria to patrol the seas south of Genoa. Couple of weeks later I get the news of them sinking some Japanese ship off the coast of China.

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Darth Wagtaros

They were showing initiative and devil may care American style attitude.  If the Limey's had had more of that they wouldn't have needed us to bail them up.
PDH!

Josephus

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 10, 2009, 06:18:04 AM
They were showing initiative and devil may care American style attitude.  If the Limey's had had more of that they wouldn't have needed us to bail them up.

That's right. That's the new AI exploiting weaknesses in Japan's naval defence system.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

MadBurgerMaker

Hm.  When prioritizing a unit for upgrade, repair, and reinforcement (the green star), am I able to simply click on an HQ to have that "bonus" apply to all the units under it's command, or do I have to go through to each individual division and prioritize them?