Movie: Hardkor 44 - Warsaw uprising meets "300"

Started by Syt, August 05, 2009, 07:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siege

Quote from: saskganesh on August 05, 2009, 09:07:47 AM
they have no money and no script and no modern cinema resources. this movie will never be made.

I really hope so, or I'm gonna get really pissed at the poles.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Ape

Quote from: Martinus on August 06, 2009, 06:51:49 AM

:huh: That's not true.

Do you have any sources to back this extraordinary claim?

45.000 German-Poles served under the SS between September -39 and april -40 in Selbstschutz militia units http://www.feldgrau.com/articles.php?ID=47
Unfortuntaly this is a part of the Polish history that Polish historians don't want to touch with a ten-foot pole ( :P ) most of the volkdeutshe was drafted into the Wehrmacht as conscripts (as was a lot, or all able, German speaking French from Alsace-Lorraine after the surrender of France, as was the Sudeten Germans and the Austrians). Which means they weren't catagorised as "Foreign Volunteers" as say the Dutch or Flems, hence the Polish claim that no Poles served the Germans. Nothing extraordinary about my 'claim' more likely that the history taught at Polish schools about WW2 is about as acurate as the Russian..... <_<

Though my claim that more Poles then then any other nationalty served, is a little exaggerated, but a shitload of Poles served and fought in the wehrmacht

Caliga

:huh:

I find it hard to believe more Poles fought for the Axis than for the Allies, either as resistance fighters or auxiliaries in the British and Red Armies.

You're aware that the Poles played a heroic and decisive role in the battle for Monte Cassino, right?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Bluebook

Quote from: Caliga on August 06, 2009, 07:11:55 AM

I find it hard to believe more Poles fought for the Axis than for the Allies,

Eh, considering that the whole Polish army fought for the Allies during a couple of weeks in 1939, I agree.

Caliga

Quote from: Bluebook on August 06, 2009, 07:16:30 AMEh, considering that the whole Polish army fought for the Allies during a couple of weeks in 1939, I agree.
I meant after the Polish capitulation. :P
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ape

Quote from: Caliga on August 06, 2009, 07:11:55 AM

I find it hard to believe more Poles fought for the Axis than for the Allies, either as resistance fighters or auxiliaries in the British and Red Armies.

You're aware that the Poles played a heroic and decisive role in the battle for Monte Cassino, right?
More Poles fought for the allies then the Axis, no doubt about that, about 1.5 million of them fought very briefly but intensly between September and October -39  ;)

All I am saying is that very many of Polish nationality fought in the Wehrmacht and that almost no Poles is aware of this today, might be because all alive in -45 were expelled to Germany  <_<

Martinus

Quote from: Ape on August 06, 2009, 07:09:57 AM

45.000 German-Poles served under the SS between September -39 and april -40 in Selbstschutz militia units http://www.feldgrau.com/articles.php?ID=47
Unfortuntaly this is a part of the Polish history that Polish historians don't want to touch with a ten-foot pole ( :P ) most of the volkdeutshe was drafted into the Wehrmacht as conscripts (as was a lot, or all able, German speaking French from Alsace-Lorraine after the surrender of France, as was the Sudeten Germans and the Austrians). Which means they weren't catagorised as "Foreign Volunteers" as say the Dutch or Flems, hence the Polish claim that no Poles served the Germans. Nothing extraordinary about my 'claim' more likely that the history taught at Polish schools about WW2 is about as acurate as the Russian..... <_<

Though my claim that more Poles then then any other nationalty served, is a little exaggerated, but a shitload of Poles served and fought in the wehrmacht

Sorry but the source you gave is an article on some fansite that cuts off in the middle of a sentence.

Do you have anything that is even remotely respectable and credible?

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on August 06, 2009, 02:04:36 AM
Quote from: Caliga on August 05, 2009, 12:29:59 PM
...about its extraordinarily deep hatred of the gays, yes.

Well I have also railed against antisemitism and catholic fundamentalism.

Of course, opposing antisemitism and catholic fundamentalism is just furthering the gay agenda through other means. -_-
You have not railed against antisemitism.  You hate the Jews more than anybody else on this forum.

Also:  Fuck you.  You're a filthy Slav.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Martinus

Quote from: Ape on August 06, 2009, 07:17:20 AM

All I am saying is that very many of Polish nationality fought in the Wehrmacht and that almost no Poles is aware of this today, might be because all alive in -45 were expelled to Germany  <_<

I agree with your frowny face. They should have been executed for treason instead. Fucking pussies letting these bastards off the hook like that.

Anyway, I find it hilarious that a fucking Swede is accusing Poles of nazi collaboration.

Bluebook

Quote from: Martinus on August 06, 2009, 07:19:46 AM

Sorry but the source you gave is an article on some fansite that cuts off in the middle of a sentence.

About 3 million poles registred as volksdeutche after the occupation in 39. Google is your friend.

Neil

An article on a fansite, no matter how shitty, is more credible than your nationalist whining and someone whose brain is damaged from gas station good saying 'It can't be so!'.

Besides, virtually the entire Polish people colaborated with the Holocaust.  Poland is utterly evil.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on August 06, 2009, 07:22:16 AM
I agree with your frowny face. They should have been executed for treason instead. Fucking pussies letting these bastards off the hook like that.
Why would they be executed for treason?  After the war, they were your brothers in international communism.

Ape

http://www.experiencefestival.com/a/Selbstschutz_-_World_War_II/id/5452976

Edit: Ok just saw it was a quoted Wikipedia article, sorry.  :blush:

estimates it at 82.000 Poles.....

And what the fuck do my nationality have to do with anything? I can still call you ignorant. I am very aware of exactly what the Swedish government did during WW2 and more what they didn't do. Don't try to turn this argument around. We are discussing what the Poles did during WW2 that you didn't know about.

Martinus

Quote from: Bluebook on August 06, 2009, 07:24:09 AM

About 3 million poles registred as volksdeutche after the occupation in 39. Google is your friend.

I think there were two groups there. One that were "automatically" registered by the Germans due to ethnicity and the second group that had to apply to be registered. I would be curious to find the numbers on the second group.

Anyway, it is questionable whether such people can be called "Poles". They were Germans, Silesians, Kashebians etc. both ethnically and culturally, and only had Polish citizenship.

It is a bit duplicitous to insist that on one hand the people who died in the Holocaust were Jews rather than Poles (because they were ethnically and culturally Jews, even though they had Polish citizenship) but at the same time claim that people who joined Wehrmacht were Poles rather than Germans (even though they were ethnically and culturally Germans, but had Polish citizenship).

Both groups were targeted by the Germans (with persecution or privilege, respectively) because of their ethnicity. You can't just count them differently based on the point you are trying to make.

Bluebook

Quote from: Martinus on August 06, 2009, 07:31:19 AM
Quote from: Bluebook on August 06, 2009, 07:24:09 AM

I think there were two groups there. One that were "automatically" registered by the Germans due to ethnicity and the second group that had to apply to be registered. I would be curious to find the numbers on the second group.

Anyway, it is questionable whether such people can be called "Poles". They were Germans, Silesians, Kashebians etc. both ethnically and culturally, and only had Polish citizenship.

It is a bit duplicitous to insist that on one hand the people who died in the Holocaust were Jews rather than Poles (because they were ethnically and culturally Jews, even though they had Polish citizenship) but at the same time claim that people who joined Wehrmacht were Poles rather than Germans (even though they were ethnically and culturally Germans, but had Polish citizenship).

Both groups were targeted by the Germans (with persecution or privilege, respectively) because of their ethnicity. You can't just count them differently based on the point you are trying to make.

Like I said, google is your friend.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volksdeutsche

Registration was voulontary.