Movie: Hardkor 44 - Warsaw uprising meets "300"

Started by Syt, August 05, 2009, 07:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I'd imagine the Poles will go off their rocker complaining about this.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Well, if it makes the Poles feel better about their own collaboration...
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Malthus

Quote from: Tyr on August 05, 2009, 08:16:15 AM

Aren't they going to be depicted as the super-heros a la 300?

Maybe they'd find it flattering.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

Many people on P'dox find it "tasteless". I have to say I find it: hillarious. Unfortunately I fear that the movie will suck a lot, special fx or not-
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on August 05, 2009, 08:26:48 AM

Never underestimate the ability of Eastern Europeans to have their egos bruised by any and every reference to them in the outside world.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

You can throw them a bone every so often and it quells their anger.

Here, watch.

Panczkys = OSSUM :mmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on August 05, 2009, 08:56:34 AM
Never underestimate the ability of Eastern Europeans to have their egos bruised by any and every reference to them in the outside world.

As far as I can tell it is a bunch of Poles wanting to make this thing. They are seeking funding from the Polish Film Institute for it ...
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on August 05, 2009, 08:57:52 AM
You can throw them a bone every so often and it quells their anger.

Here, watch.

Panczkys = OSSUM :mmm:

Please stop mentioning food.  :(
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

saskganesh

they have no money and no script and no modern cinema resources. this movie will never be made.

humans were created in their own image

hsilbud

Quote from: saskganesh on August 05, 2009, 09:07:47 AM
they have no money and no script and no modern cinema resources. this movie will never be made.

Too bad.  The world needs to be shown just how advanced the Nazi cyborg program really was.

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on August 05, 2009, 08:56:34 AM
Quote from: Malthus on August 05, 2009, 08:26:48 AM

Well, this time it's not the outside world, but a Pole doing that. And it has been widely reported here in the press as a Good Thing (tm).

Martinus

Quote from: Syt on August 05, 2009, 08:12:45 AM
Quote from: Martinus on August 05, 2009, 07:34:33 AM
Quote from: Scipio on August 05, 2009, 07:25:23 AM
Now that is a bunch of retarded nonsense.

Are you saying this is not a historically accurate rendition? :(

Let's hope it will have a powerful narrative. :)
:D

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on August 05, 2009, 08:22:07 AM
Well, if it makes the Poles feel better about their own collaboration...

I know you are a retarded troll, but Poles had the most robust resistance movement of all countries occupied by the nazis and the number of collaborators was really small (there was, for one, no Polish SS unit and no Polish puppet government in place).

Antisemitism and pogroms are one thing, but political collaboration wasn't really happening on a scale comparable to some other countries (such as France, Belgium or the Baltics).