Started by Weatherman, August 04, 2009, 09:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on August 05, 2009, 05:24:34 AM
I shall never see... Montana.... *gasp*  :cry:

Siege isn't a Soviet submariner.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Lettow77

Russia meant to be detected. They are just sabrerattling, which they do alot.

Russia likes to push, and the west ought to push back. Fasttracking Ukraine into NATO would be nice, but nobody's willing to risk a conflict.

(Except, of course, Russia.)
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Siege

Quote from: KRonn on August 05, 2009, 07:28:52 AM
No surprise that the subs were detected. And I figure the Russians must know they'd be detected, so they must be doing this as part of their plan to show the flag, reinvigorate their military, or at least the impression of their power.

Question is, how many have passed off the East or West coast undetected?
We need to take this threat seriously.
They are proving our defenses.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Siege

Brain fails at being funny, once again.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

KRonn

Quote from: Siege on August 06, 2009, 07:19:46 AM
No surprise that the subs were detected. And I figure the Russians must know they'd be detected, so they must be doing this as part of their plan to show the flag, reinvigorate their military, or at least the impression of their power.

Question is, how many have passed off the East or West coast undetected?
We need to take this threat seriously.
They are proving our defenses.
There's a line of listening posts on the ocean bottom off the east coast, which is or was fairly or very effective, I think. No idea where else those type listening posts are. That plus other naval patrols.  I don't know how effective it all is now, or was even during the cold war, but I do recall Russian subs being found by the listening posts. I read something a while back that the Russians didn't know about those for a long while.

Valmy

Quote from: Lettow77 on August 06, 2009, 05:36:03 AM
Fasttracking Ukraine into NATO would be nice, but nobody's willing to risk a conflict.

Which is outrageous.  Our mail-order bride supply must be protected at all costs.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on August 06, 2009, 07:55:12 AM
Quote from: Lettow77 on August 06, 2009, 05:36:03 AM
Fasttracking Ukraine into NATO would be nice, but nobody's willing to risk a conflict.

Which is outrageous.  Our mail-order bride supply must be protected at all costs.

There are multiple supply areas of mail order brides. Do not be concerned on that score.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Sheilbh

It's the anniversary of the Georgia war (and the US is helping re-arm Georgia and has apparently offered more support), so this is Russian sabre rattling, in case we forget they're around.
Let's bomb Russia!

Neil

There are things in those subs that don't react well to bullets.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Neil on August 06, 2009, 09:44:43 AM

Get 'em on the Jersey coast- it's not like our state isn't overly irradiated as it is; hell, my girlfriend's parents have to keep a water cooler in the house because of the radiation levels of their well water. :D
Experience bij!

DGuller

Quote from: DontSayBanana on August 06, 2009, 09:54:14 AM
Quote from: Neil on August 06, 2009, 09:44:43 AM

Get 'em on the Jersey coast- it's not like our state isn't overly irradiated as it is; hell, my girlfriend's parents have to keep a water cooler in the house because of the radiation levels of their well water. :D
Have you seen New Jersey?  Irradiation is the only effective way to sanitize it.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: DGuller on August 06, 2009, 09:58:44 AM
Have you seen New Jersey?  Irradiation is the only effective way to sanitize it.

I see New Jersey every time I look out of my window. :contract:

Hopefully, only until I'm done with school. :(
Experience bij!

KRonn