And we're back!

Main Menu

NYPD cracks down on Flintlocks

Started by jimmy olsen, July 29, 2009, 01:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malthus

Quote from: grumbler on July 30, 2009, 08:59:42 PM
Quote from: Malthus on July 30, 2009, 09:11:18 AM
The section covers "antiques and ornaments". If this guy is intending to use his newly-minted flintlock as a weapon, the exemption doesn't apply and he needs a licence.
I am not so sure about that (and also commonly mis-spell license) since he could fire it as a "curiousity."

I am more interested in why 1894 as the cutoff date, though. I suppose I could look it up, but why spoil the fun of the person here who knows?

Certainly the gun can be in working order - nothing in it about rendering the gun inoperative, and can be fired for demonstrations or re-creations. What you can't do, seemingly, is deliberately keep it about for hunting or defense.

No gangs of toughs with flintlock pistols allowed.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

C.C.R.

Sounds to me like the NYPD either needs to cite him & get him into court so that a judge can rule whether or not his rifle is exempt or leave him the fuck alone.  I can see the merits of a judge's decision either way, but I can't see why they're dragging their feet with this -- unless he lives near a Dunkin' Donuts or something...

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Siege on July 30, 2009, 09:17:35 PM
And my nose ain't hooked.

Yeah, it's all flat and squishy-like, like a Negroloid.  Fucking Arab.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

Quote from: C.C.R. on August 02, 2009, 07:17:40 PM
Sounds to me like the NYPD either needs to cite him & get him into court so that a judge can rule whether or not his rifle is exempt or leave him the fuck alone.  I can see the merits of a judge's decision either way, but I can't see why they're dragging their feet with this -- unless he lives near a Dunkin' Donuts or something...
Shh...Stop using logic.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Siege on July 30, 2009, 09:17:35 PM
Come anywhere near me, internet brave, and you gonna do the push ups while crying with my boot in your ass all the way to the ankle.

So Jaron has to do pushups, you get court-martialed. He wins.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"