If You ever fancied travelling in Nigeria...

Started by Gambrinus, August 02, 2009, 04:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gambrinus

QuoteNO fewer than 20 passengers were yesterday crushed on the Sagamu-Benin Expressway by a truck during a robbery operation.
[...]
The robbers were said to have ordered the passengers to disembark from the bus while a sizeable number of them were ordered to lie flat on the road as the hoodlums ransacked the vehicle and the other passengers unhindered.
A trailer, which was said to be on top speed and unaware of the dangers ahead, was reported to have run over the victims, killing 20 of them, before skidding off into the bush.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/08/01/20-passengers-crushed-during-robbery/

But as the Road Safety Chief points out. If people would just abstain from travelling at night this wouldn't have happened...
(Bonus, note that the article features portraits not of him, but of two other executives in snazzy uniforms, none of them mentioned in the article)

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Gambrinus on August 02, 2009, 04:10:08 PM
The robbers were said to have ordered the passengers to disembark from the bus while a sizeable number of them were ordered to lie flat on the road

Quote"Well, which is it, young feller? You want I should freeze or get down on the ground? Mean to say, if'n I freeze, I can't rightly drop. And if'n I drop, I'm a-gonna be in motion."