News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

East India Company

Started by chipwich, August 01, 2009, 03:44:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chipwich

Got this and would recommend it at it's reduced price, It's like Sid Mier's railroads with a naval battle engine and conquest. Currently trying to capture West africa and the outlying islands to starve everyone else

-If you  value your sanity go to the options menu and unclick 3d ports. Otherwise you get a horrible loading time for ports.

- In times of plenty put main trade goods in your home city warehouse instead so you can sell them when needed.

-You really should prioritize campaign goods as soon as you get the mission.

-Upgrade you garrisons after conquest or the cities will be retaken by savage hordes.

chipwich

Quote from: chipwich on August 01, 2009, 03:44:01 AM
Currently trying to capture West africa and the outlying islands to starve everyone else

Holy Shit bad idea DON'T DO THIS three companies DOW'ed me and My entire fleet quickly was wiped.

The Brain

What's the cd on the potions?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Quote from: chipwich on August 01, 2009, 04:46:18 AM
Quote from: The Brain on August 01, 2009, 04:30:59 AM
What's the cd on the potions?

?

It's just Brain Humor. :rolleyes:

In a fit of insanity I preordered the game so now playing it. My initial impression was a massive dissapointment since I expected something Patricianish, but as you said, this is Railroad Tycoon in the East Indias with ships, factions and warfare. Looking at it that way, I am enjoying it. Too bad I can't accelerate the time more on the strategic map in the early game, though.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Habsburg

Seen

Quote from: Habsburg on August 04, 2009, 08:55:09 PM
:w00t:

Tell me more pls!
Yes, please do.

Reading actual reviews about it seems like it needs a mod the size of the game.  :huh:

PRC

I loved Railroad Tycoon II... but I don't know Sid Mier's railroads... similar at all?

Threviel

Quote from: PRC on August 04, 2009, 11:28:27 PM
I loved Railroad Tycoon II... but I don't know Sid Mier's railroads... similar at all?

He lost the right to the name Railroad Tycoon, so Sid's updated version of Railroad Tycoon I had to be called Sid Meiers Railroads IIRC. Like all of Sid's games it is childish and unrealistic, but pretty fun.

Syt

It seems that given the huge expectations for this game many people are a bit underwhelmed by the actual product.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on August 05, 2009, 04:03:28 AM
It seems that given the huge expectations for this game many people are a bit underwhelmed by the actual product.
Wow... that never happens with a Paradox game -_-
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Seen

Quote from: Caliga on August 05, 2009, 05:32:31 AM
Quote from: Syt on August 05, 2009, 04:03:28 AM
Wow... that never happens with a Paradox game -_-
Which its not, so the expectations were totally justified  :P

Caliga

Oh  :blush:

I saw it for sale @ GamersGate and just assumed.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points