News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Left 4 Dead Survival Pack DLC is out

Started by vinraith, April 22, 2009, 12:03:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisturbedPervert

Tons of people on the internet are pissed off about this.  L4D wasn't a full price game to begin with, there were only 4 maps. 

DisturbedPervert

Phillip V

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on June 03, 2009, 08:31:27 AM
I don't think I'm gonna get L4D2.  It's going to be a full price, stand alone game.  It's bullshit.  I bought L4D (at full price as well) with the expectation that more content would be coming.  Only 4 campaigns was lame, but I thought more were on their way. Now it's clear they never had any intention of issuing more content.  They started L4D2 immediately after L4D came out.

It also seems suspicious that the reasoning for not releasing the development tools to the modders immediately on release, was to prevent modders from coming out with content before L4D2 is released. Basically all L4D2 is, is a map pack and weapons mod, nothing that resourceful modders couldn't, and would have, done on their own.

Very disappointed in Valve.
Now knowing their product development cycle, I will not buy until the game has a temporary sale of $25. I bought the current one in January 2009 at $33.

DisturbedPervert

This Hitler video pretty much sums it all up with regards to L4D2.   :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQe4tlsfRbY

vinraith

:lol: Nice one, DP. Yeah, in addition to the deleterious impact it'll have on L4D, L4D2 also looks a but too much like Redneck Zombie Rampage for my tastes. I'm not ruling out buying it, but I'm certainly not paying much for it.

FunkMonk

I understand the 'outrage', but I'll still buy it. I've had dozens and dozens of hours of fun with L4D, so a bigger and better version is definitely something I'm interested in.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

derspiess

Zombie games/movies never did much for me, but I picked up the Xbox360 version for $12.48 at Target.  Might crack it open this weekend.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

And I finally got around to playing it this week.  Fun as hell to play co-op online, until you get some annoying 13 year old on your team who is only interesting in getting achievements.

I needed to continue working through my backlog though, so I traded it in to Amazon in their new trade-in program.  Since they had this listed for a $28 value on their trade-in special, I couldn't resist.

Might buy it for PC sometime if I can find a deal.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall