Started by jimmy olsen, July 31, 2009, 08:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Damn, what a way to go after what he survived.  :(

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/07/31/holocaust.survivor/
QuoteNazi concentration camp survivor, 90, found strangled

By Jason Kessler
CNN

NEW YORK (CNN) -- A 90-year-old Holocaust survivor was found strangled Thursday in his Upper East Side apartment, a spokeswoman for the New York City medical examiner said Friday.
Felix Brinkmann dances at a 2008 party marking his 90th birthday.

Felix Brinkmann dances at a 2008 party marking his 90th birthday.
Click to view previous image
1 of 2
Click to view next image

Felix Brinkmann, a native of Latvia, escaped death for a year while he was in the Nazis' Mauthausen, Ebensee and Auschwitz concentration camps. Five times he had been slated for the gas chambers, but each time he used his fluency in German to talk his way out.

After the war ended, he was stunned to discover that his wife, who had also been shipped to Auschwitz, was alive and well in Poland.

The Brinkmanns immigrated to America, where Felix spent years in the bar and nightclub business, co-founding in 1971 Adam's Apple disco in Manhattan.

In recent years, he had served as the real estate manager of a mixed-use building in the Bronx, working "seven days a week, without fail," said his son Rick Brinkman, who spells his last name differently than his father.

On Thursday, the building's superintendent grew concerned when Brinkmann did not show up to work. He notified Brinkmann's son and received permission to enter the father's apartment, where he had lived alone since his wife died last year.

Brinkmann's body was found lying face down in his bedroom, his hands bound, his body showing blunt-force trauma wounds, police said. Brinkmann's blue 2009 Honda Civic may have been stolen and a safe in his apartment tampered with, police said.

A police spokesman said authorities were looking for "a man and a woman" in connection with the homicide.

Rick Brinkman speculated that the killing was random in nature. "Anybody who knew him really liked him," the son said. "He was not the kind of guy who had enemies."

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

sbr

QuoteFelix Brinkmann, a native of Latvia, escaped death for a year while he was in the Nazis' Mauthausen, Ebensee and Auschwitz concentration camps. Five times he had been slated for the gas chambers,

Quote"He was not the kind of guy who had enemies."

These two statements seem to be contradictory.

citizen k

Rick Brinkman speculated that the killing was random in nature.

Brinkmann's body was found lying face down in his bedroom, his hands bound, his body showing blunt-force trauma wounds, police said. Brinkmann's blue 2009 Honda Civic may have been stolen and a safe in his apartment tampered with, police said.

These two statements seem to be contradictory, too. I bet it was someone who knew he had money.

sbr

Quote from: citizen k on July 31, 2009, 10:34:55 PM
Rick Brinkman speculated that the killing was random in nature.

These two statements seem to be contradictory, too. I bet it was someone who knew he had money.

By George I think you are on to something.

Run with it.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

sbr

Razgovory

Quote from: sbr on August 01, 2009, 12:28:02 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 01, 2009, 12:26:19 AM
Hey, doesn't Latvia have an embassy or something in that area?

No it is on the Upper West Side

Well I guess that removes them as suspects.  Everyone knows Latvians are to lazy to go across town to kill the one that got away.

sbr

Quote from: Razgovory on August 01, 2009, 12:44:36 AM
Quote from: sbr on August 01, 2009, 12:28:02 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 01, 2009, 12:26:19 AM
Hey, doesn't Latvia have an embassy or something in that area?

No it is on the Upper West Side

Well I guess that removes them as suspects.  Everyone knows Latvians are to lazy to go across town to kill the one that got away.

You seem one of the more reasonable people around here, I will have to keep my eye out for you.

Slargos

So he "survived" the "concentration camps" because he managed to "talk his way out of being gassed" and "miraculously" his wife "survived" aswell.

OPEN YOUR EYES, PEOPLE! :mad:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Slargos on August 01, 2009, 03:50:37 AM
So he "survived" the "concentration camps" because he managed to "talk his way out of being gassed" and "miraculously" his wife "survived" aswell.

Fuck you. His wife may have survived but mine didn't.  :mad:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

:huh: They have immigrated to Sweden and are contaminating our country with their racial inferiority?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

So, We now have a new suspect, I'll forward your name to the NYPD.