A Game of Thrones on HBO - I guess this is really going to happen.

Started by Berkut, July 31, 2009, 02:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Apparently, they've actually begin casting.

According to Martins webiste, they have Sean Bean as Ned (Boromir for those who are utterly clueless). The fat guy from Knights Tale as Robert Baratheon, and some kid I've never seen before as Jon.

I gotta say...Bean as Ned is a score, I think.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

Yeah, but it will be incredibly annoying when the series catches up to the books and then stops.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Berkut on July 31, 2009, 02:22:55 PM

According to Martins webiste, they have Sean Bean as Ned (Boromir for those who are utterly clueless). The fat guy from Knights Tale as Robert Baratheon, and some kid I've never seen before as Jon.

:thumbsup:

They'll probably run out money by the end of the third season.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

crazy canuck

I guess I should get around to finally reading these books.

saskganesh

if they are casting Bean as Ned it would be great if they could cast Daragh O'Malley as Yoren or something. They could have a scene together for all the Sharpe fans.
humans were created in their own image

KRonn

Nice, there's certainly lots of story in the books to provide content for a movie. Now, too bad that the author can't seem to complete the next book. Lots of story lines have been left hanging!   :(

saskganesh

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 31, 2009, 02:25:42 PM

:thumbsup:

They'll probably run out money by the end of the third season.

which is good, 'cause the series switches gears then into uncompleteness.

they can do a  second series in 10-15 years, after GRRM dies. the good news is that they will be able to make up their own ending.

humans were created in their own image

crazy canuck

Quote from: saskganesh on July 31, 2009, 02:28:56 PM
if they are casting Bean as Ned it would be great if they could cast Daragh O'Malley as Yoren or something. They could have a scene together for all the Sharpe fans.

That would be great.

Bean was terrific in that series.

Martinus

The cylon chick from Battlestar Galactica is rumoured to be cast as Cersei. I think she is a great pick.

Eddie Teach

I dunno, Bean always seems to have something sinister lurking under the surface, don't think I'd have picked him for a goody-goody like Eddard Stark. He'd make a better Sandor in my opinion.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Martinus on July 31, 2009, 02:46:01 PM
The cylon chick from Battlestar Galactica is rumoured to be cast as Cersei. I think she is a great pick.

Grace Park is pretty hot, but I don't think she'd make a good Cersei.

Berkut

Quote from: Martinus on July 31, 2009, 02:46:01 PM

She would be a awesome Cersei.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Martinus

Also, Piter Dinklage is Tyrion. Not sure I remember him from anything though, but he does look familiar.

Martinus

I have been watching the second season of Tudors, btw. It seems better than the first one - but maybe I just got over the historical accuracy and just enjoying it for its soapy goodness.

I wonder if its success will detract or help Game of Thrones, since it is in many ways similar.