A Game of Thrones on HBO - I guess this is really going to happen.

Started by Berkut, July 31, 2009, 02:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on July 31, 2009, 02:50:37 PM
Quote from: Martinus on July 31, 2009, 02:46:01 PM
The cylon chick from Battlestar Galactica is rumoured to be cast as Cersei. I think she is a great pick.

Grace Park is pretty hot, but I don't think she'd make a good Cersei.

I think she would be awesome. I admit I haven't seen her outside of Battlestar Galactica, but her hot looks coupled with cylon coldness/ruthlessness make a perfect Cersei, imho.

Viking

Quote from: Martinus on July 31, 2009, 02:54:38 PM
I have been watching the second season of Tudors, btw. It seems better than the first one - but maybe I just got over the historical accuracy and just enjoying it for its soapy goodness.

I wonder if its success will detract or help Game of Thrones, since it is in many ways similar.

Since game of thrones is already full of soapy goodness I think it will fit into the genre much better. IIRC the pitch for the series was Lord of the Rings meets The Sopranos.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Martinus

Ok, here are the confirmed cast picks, from http://winter-is-coming.blogspot.com/

Tyrion:

Ned Stark:

Robert Baratheon:

Viserys Targaryen:

Jon Snow:

Joffrey Baratheon/Lannister:

Martinus

Quote from: Berkut on July 31, 2009, 02:22:55 PM
Apparently, they've actually begin casting.

According to Martins webiste, they have Sean Bean as Ned (Boromir for those who are utterly clueless). The fat guy from Knights Tale as Robert Baratheon, and some kid I've never seen before as Jon.

I gotta say...Bean as Ned is a score, I think.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/

I must say I have imagined Ned as somewhat different than Sean Bean - a bit more slim and dark-haired. But he is a great pick, nonetheless.

Martinus

Oh and all the teenage girls will be in love with the Jon Snow dude. He is the type and the role is so emo. Hell, he may out-do Lególasss and Drisźzt when it comes to MMORPG character names. :P

Zanza

Do you really mean Grace Park (left) and not Tricia Helfer (right)? The latter looks quite Cersei-like.

Grallon

Quote from: Zanza on July 31, 2009, 03:05:22 PM

Do you really mean Grace Park (left) and not Tricia Helfer (right)? The latter looks quite Cersei-like.

Yes Six would make an awsome Cirsei.  :yes:

EDIT: and that John Snow boy is delicious  :mmm:

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

DisturbedPervert

Do you really mean Grace Park

Yes 

I think the monster from Troy would make a good Gregor

Neil

Quote from: saskganesh on July 31, 2009, 02:31:12 PM
they can do a  second series in 10-15 years, after GRRM dies. the good news is that they will be able to make up their own ending.
Do you really think that guy will live that long?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Eddie Teach

Dang, that Asian girl looks like she has a 14 inch waist.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

saskganesh

Quote from: Neil on July 31, 2009, 03:23:57 PM
Quote from: saskganesh on July 31, 2009, 02:31:12 PM
they can do a  second series in 10-15 years, after GRRM dies. the good news is that they will be able to make up their own ending.
Do you really think that guy will live that long?

with sufficient naps, yea.

he certainly will not die of overwork. writer's block, which seems to be his chronic condition, is really a euphemism for "not writing."
humans were created in their own image

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Siege

I don't like the cast.

Emily Osment should play Cercei, Miley Cyrus should play Catherine, Selina Gomez should be Sansa, and Demi Lovato should be Dyarreah Targaryen.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Siege on July 31, 2009, 04:30:32 PM
I don't like the cast.

Emily Osment should play Cercei
Okay, you're trolling us this time, I'm sure of it.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point