News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Polyamory: The Next Sexual Revolution

Started by jimmy olsen, July 29, 2009, 01:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Could just mean that he is into alt-his and arms with some sort of mishmash of military styles.  Like Cal with his Roman gladium and helmut with army boots and a Kalashnikov.
PDH!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Martinus on July 30, 2009, 01:59:11 AM
Quote from: PDH on July 29, 2009, 01:21:43 PM
Serial monogamy is is not polyarmory...

Polyarmory - a room where you outfit your parrot with military gear?  :)
:lol:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Drakken

Good. Any assault on traditional monogamy and sexual property rights is a good thing.

alfred russel

Quote from: Drakken on July 30, 2009, 09:03:36 AM
Good. Any assault on traditional monogamy and sexual property rights is a good thing.

An assault on those things is like an assault on cadillac fins. They aren't really around anymore.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

Sexual property rights? Is that like what CdM stores in his basement?  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Drakken

Quote from: Malthus on July 30, 2009, 10:24:17 AM

Nah. It is just that I consider the notion of mandatory fidelity in relationships as a de facto property right, because it means that our sexuality is the sole reserve of our current official partner, and vice-versa. It becomes not an issue of trust and intimacy, but a sort of contract obligation in which you surrender the control of your body to obtain a "loving" relationship. It's an either/or.

Martinus

Drakken, seeing you support polyamory (surprising, I must say, considering your approach to, say, parenting) who should pay child support in polyamorous relationships? The biological father or all male participants equally?

Drakken

Quote from: Martinus on July 30, 2009, 11:23:15 AM
Drakken, seeing you support polyamory (surprising, I must say, considering your approach to, say, parenting) who should pay child support in polyamorous relationships? The biological father or all male participants equally?

The biological father. There is only one, whatver the count. Too bad it becomes a lottery.  :boff:

And anyway, contraception and protection should be a given in polyamory relationships, until such issues are resolved between the partner(s). Because, you know, the whole point of polyamory relationships is informed consent.

HVC

The bitch who's screwing around of course

:P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Drakken

Quote from: HVC on July 30, 2009, 11:27:16 AM
The bitch who's screwing around of course

:P

That would be great if it was so simple.  :lol:

BuddhaRhubarb

I have more than a few so-called "poly" friends. Most of whom have normal-ish relationships with more than one person. What none of these people have is time alone. You think yr GF is demanding? try having 3!
:p

Ed Anger

I'd like to have more than one wife. That would be awesome.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Martinus

Quote from: Drakken on July 30, 2009, 11:27:08 AM

The biological father. There is only one, whatver the count. Too bad it becomes a lottery.  :boff:

And anyway, contraception and protection should be a given in polyamory relationships, until such issues are resolved between the partner(s). Because, you know, the whole point of polyamory relationships is informed consent.
Your response is, predictably, retarded.

Malthus

Quote from: Drakken on July 30, 2009, 11:19:40 AM
Quote from: Malthus on July 30, 2009, 10:24:17 AM

Nah. It is just that I consider the notion of mandatory fidelity in relationships as a de facto property right, because it means that our sexuality is the sole reserve of our current official partner, and vice-versa. It becomes not an issue of trust and intimacy, but a sort of contract obligation in which you surrender the control of your body to obtain a "loving" relationship. It's an either/or.

What's the problem with it? It is presumably a relationship entered into voluntarily.

It has none of the characteristics of a "property right". Notably, it is not transferable to others. I can sell my car; I cannot (easily) sell my wife's fidelity.  :lol:

I disagree that one gives one's fidelity in exchange for love. One gives one's fidelity in exchange for fidelity in return. Love may theoretically exist irrespective of fidelity; though most humans find that it is difficult to maintain love in the absense of fidelity, it could theoretically be done by some.

In any event - does your wife/gf feel the same as you about fidelity?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius