Obama is racist according to Fox commentator

Started by garbon, July 29, 2009, 12:33:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Valmy on July 29, 2009, 08:36:59 AM
Quote from: Hansmeister on July 29, 2009, 08:25:18 AM
So what you're saying is that you don't believe that he is a racist, only that he feels comfortable hanging out with them.  I somehow doubt you would extend the same benefit of the doubt to a 20-year member of the Aryan Nation.

Hey I am not saying the Aryan nation doesn't like black people I am just saying they have a problem.

:face: nice one Valmy.
:p

Faeelin

So what you're saying is that you don't believe that he is a racist, only that he feels comfortable hanging out with them.  I somehow doubt you would extend the same benefit of the doubt to a 20-year member of the Aryan Nation.

I hardly think Wright's comparable to the Aryan nation. And in any case, I think you ignore the complexity of relationships. My father thinks all women only got where they were because of affirmative action, that Hitler didn't know about the Holocaust, etc. I'm probably the person he's closest too, but I don't share those views.

But I forget, you view the world in terms of black and white, as this thread illustrates.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Hansmeister

Quote from: Faeelin on July 29, 2009, 12:03:25 PM

I hardly think Wright's comparable to the Aryan nation. And in any case, I think you ignore the complexity of relationships. My father thinks all women only got where they were because of affirmative action, that Hitler didn't know about the Holocaust, etc. I'm probably the person he's closest too, but I don't share those views.

But I forget, you view the world in terms of black and white, as this thread illustrates.
So you chose your father when you were a grown man by seeking him out instead of been born of him?  Otherwise your analogy falls flat.

Faeelin

Quote from: Hansmeister on July 29, 2009, 12:17:49 PM
So you chose your father when you were a grown man by seeking him out instead of been born of him?  Otherwise your analogy falls flat.

Not at all. But you make it sound like they met at a Black Panthers march.

Queequeg

My cousin, at West Point, goes to church with Beck, a converted Mormon.  He goes to Church every Sunday in an orange jumpsuit.  No kidding.  This guy makes O'Reily and Hannity look like voices of reason.  He gives crazy fucking assholes a bad name.  He's probably the first American newsmedia figure to see the batshit guy on Network as an influence. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

KRonn

I'll have to catch the Glenn Beck show this week, see what he has to say about this!  ;)

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: KRonn on July 29, 2009, 02:58:14 PM
I'll have to catch the Glenn Beck show this week, see what he has to say about this!  ;)

I heard his show once. I was driving through Nebraska and Colorado in something like 2002. He was making fun of somebody who was claiming that we needed to protect our softwood lumber industry from Canadian competition because it was a national security issue. It was pretty funny. He was going on about plywood tanks and stuff. I can't believe I remember that.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers