News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

HEY VALMY!

Started by PDH, July 28, 2009, 04:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

citizen k

Has anybody mentioned you can replace the flour with cornmeal or masa?

ulmont

Quote from: citizen k on August 28, 2009, 08:29:35 PM
Has anybody mentioned you can replace the flour with cornmeal or masa?

Valmy's recipe has masa, yes.  Cornmeal doesn't form a good roux, though, so I wouldn't suggest it; masa should be ok.

PDH

There is a nice place in town that makes a wonderful wyoming green chile.  I will take Valmy to El Conquistador.  :)
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on August 28, 2009, 09:22:23 PM
There is a nice place in town that makes a wonderful wyoming green chile.  I will take Valmy to El Conquistador.  :)

I will look forward to it! :)

Getting close now.  Two weeks.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

You can celebrate the game by upsetting your stomach.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Quote from: merithyn on August 28, 2009, 07:53:47 PM
No Guiness??  :huh:

How can you guys make chili without Guiness?

Why would I want to ruin my chili with beer?

You drunks.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Maybe because stout beer is disgusting?

I do make beer chili sometimes though.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on August 29, 2009, 02:24:26 PM

Maybe because beer is disgusting?

Fixed.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on August 29, 2009, 02:28:31 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 29, 2009, 02:25:38 PM
Fixed.

Meh I am still not making Chili with wine.

I ought to try that. I've got plenty of that shit sitting around doing nothing.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

I wonder if all my threads show a pattern of weird techtonic drift...at least Beeb and Berk haven't shown up yet...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on August 29, 2009, 02:56:39 PM
I wonder if all my threads show a pattern of weird techtonic drift...at least Beeb and Berk haven't shown up yet...

Hey our objective was achieved: we now have a place to eat.

Barrister

All my posts in this thread, and you missed them all... :cry:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

PDH

Quote from: Barrister on August 29, 2009, 03:20:29 PM

All my posts in this thread, and you missed them all... :cry:
I was speaking of your tag-team efforts, not the solo ring efforts.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

Caliga

I just made Valmy's chili recipe.  Man, that is some delicious chili and it's almost exactly the same as chili I've had in Texas.  The 'secret ingredient' is the masa harina.

Princesca cut me off before I could make it as hot as I'd like to (after about four teaspoons of red chili paste).  :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points