News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

HEY VALMY!

Started by PDH, July 28, 2009, 04:53:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on September 01, 2009, 08:45:39 PM
I just made Valmy's chili recipe.  Man, that is some delicious chili and it's almost exactly the same as chili I've had in Texas.  The 'secret ingredient' is the masa harina.

Princesca cut me off before I could make it as hot as I'd like to (after about four teaspoons of red chili paste).  :(

:yeah: :mmm:

Man I want to make some Chili now...I usually don't make it during the summer either.

Pity Princesca cut you off it is awesome nice and hot.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

I'll be eating it for dinner tonight, and probably lunch tomorrow and Friday.  I made: a shitload. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Jaron

Quote from: Caliga on September 02, 2009, 05:31:01 AM
I'll be eating it for dinner tonight, and probably lunch tomorrow and Friday.  I made: a shitload. :cool:

Boy am I shocked!
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Caliga

You shouldn't be shocked at my amazing efficiency and work ethic.  German-Americans are renowned for that.

MadImmortalMan

I use Guinness in beef stew, but never in chili.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

PDH

Wyoming shirt purchased for the Valminator.  He will be cheering lustily for HIS Wyoming Cowboys on Saturday - especially if the anesthesia hasn't worn off yet.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Scipio

Quote from: Barrister on August 28, 2009, 11:15:11 AM
There's no beans in that chili.   :huh:
That's what makes it chili.

Fucking foreigners with their goddamned bean chili.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Caliga

I liked it just fine without beans but I did stir some in later.  :blush:

Anyway, I took pics of Valmy's chili I keep forgetting to post.  It literally looks like a bowl of dog shit, but tastes great.  :)

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on September 08, 2009, 07:01:06 PM
Wyoming shirt purchased for the Valminator.  He will be cheering lustily for HIS Wyoming Cowboys on Saturday - especially if the anesthesia hasn't worn off yet.

I am sure there will be tons to cheer about! :w00t:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on September 09, 2009, 08:06:17 AM
Anyway, I took pics of Valmy's chili I keep forgetting to post.  It literally looks like a bowl of dog shit, but tastes great.  :)

Well....so long as it doesn't smell like dogshit.

Caliga

Nope, it smelled like ambrosia. :mmm:

Valmy

I think I will wear a Texas shirt under the Wyoming shirt for when I jump on the field to declare my eternal love for Colt McCoy.

merithyn

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 02, 2009, 04:09:37 PM
I use Guinness in beef stew, but never in chili.

You should try it. It's very good. :)

Making chili this weekend for the football game at Alci's. Corn bread, too. May have to dip into Valmy's recipe to see how the Masa Harina does with my recipe.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Caliga

It will thicken it up considerably, so keep that in mind if you use other thinkening starches for your chili.  Also, it adds a strong overtone of corn to the flavor.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on September 09, 2009, 08:24:33 AM
I think I will wear a Texas shirt under the Wyoming shirt for when I jump on the field to declare my eternal love for Colt McCoy.

Saturday will be awesome.  A game between Wyoming and Texas, followed immediately by live footage of Valmy being tasered by security.   ^_^