And we're back!

Main Menu

Canada fights Euro ban

Started by citizen k, July 28, 2009, 01:41:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on July 28, 2009, 03:58:30 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on July 28, 2009, 03:51:30 PM
Probably not, but I'm guessing if you took a poll the majority would support banning the import of products from the clubbed baby seals.

They don't care that much if you asked them if the EU should ban products obtained from the Inuits traditional seal hunts people would respond differently.

Just like if you said 'are you in favor of brutally massacring innocent animals?' and then used that to show that most people are against meat eating.

Both of us are discussing hypothetical polling, but my guess is that the majority would support this ban, but would not support a ban on meat eating. It probably has to do with seals being cute. It is similar to how we banned the eating of horsemeat (or at least I think we did).
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

crazy canuck

That reminds me.  One of the best meals I have had was slow cooked horse meat in Northern Italy.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on July 28, 2009, 12:25:08 PM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on July 28, 2009, 12:21:21 PM
the people trying to make aliving in the north were trying to make a living in the north (well, their ancestors) long before any europeans showed up so I don't see how an import-ban should affect them.

Subsistence hunter-gathering is not much of a living.
It is man's natural state.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

HVC

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 28, 2009, 06:59:03 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 28, 2009, 12:25:08 PM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on July 28, 2009, 12:21:21 PM
the people trying to make aliving in the north were trying to make a living in the north (well, their ancestors) long before any europeans showed up so I don't see how an import-ban should affect them.

Subsistence hunter-gathering is not much of a living.
It is man's natural state.
Man is ingenious. Our natural state is whatever we make of it.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Berkut

It is about time someone stood up to the baby seal clubbing neanderthals.

I mean really - it isn't like this is a real industry or anything. The only reason people care is they are conservitard thugs who think that just because people have been clubbing helpless seals for a long time, it is fine idea to continue doing so. Screw 'em.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned