News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Empire Total War, Again

Started by Faeelin, March 10, 2009, 07:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Ran into my first bug today.
The enemy attacked me though they quite oddly kept their army sitting out of cannon range like a bunch of ninnys and doing nothing- in hindsight this may be down to the bug.
I sent in some cavalry and eventually managed to draw their cavalry closer and closer taking shots at it with cannon the wholewhile until it was close enough to most of my army to jump on it and rip it to shreds- then their main army finally decided to come at me and battle was met.
I won the fight. As their last professional infantry unit started to run I was prepared for the standard pursue or end battle message...but it never came.
Investigating they still had some units at the edge of the screen. Their banners were not in nonetheless the men were visible and highlighting them showed them to be units. I had to walk my cavalry literally onto them and let them slowly hack this unit down...but then another unit came in the same sitauation, then another, it happened a fair few times. Gragh.
██████
██████
██████

I Killed Kenny

question: How do I start with any nation? And what mods should I use?

Syt

I tried playing again yesterday, but somehow the whole game feels so bland and lacking atmosphere that I quickly got bored again.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Ok, perhaps I won't bother with it then.

Interestingly, the two campaigns I played the most by far in the Total War series were both part of expansions: the Viking Invasion addon to the original M:TW, and the Spanish conquest of Mexico in M:TW2.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Warspite

" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Josquius

Yey for no MP.
Very odd they wouldn't include it though.

QuoteOk, perhaps I won't bother with it then.

Interestingly, the two campaigns I played the most by far in the Total War series were both part of expansions: the Viking Invasion addon to the original M:TW, and the Spanish conquest of Mexico in M:TW2.
Now that I think I never played either of those. They were good? :s
I took them to just be the old games but on a different, smaller map.
██████
██████
██████

Cerr

Quote from: viper37 on June 18, 2009, 08:10:27 AM
there's no MP yet...
There isn't even Battle MP like all their other games?
I know they're planning to add a MP campaign at some stage.

Faeelin

DGuller

IMO, Total War is made for Medieval period.  I'm still wasting most of my free time playing M2TW with Stainless Steel 6.2 beta mod.  I think this type of game doesn't work well with combat that is almost 100% ranged.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on June 18, 2009, 05:42:07 AM
the Viking Invasion addon to the original M:TW,

I loved that expansion. Nothing like taking a Viking army and smashing Saxon and Irish armies to bits.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 18, 2009, 03:06:07 PM
Quote from: Caliga on June 18, 2009, 05:42:07 AM
the Viking Invasion addon to the original M:TW,

I loved that expansion. Nothing like taking a Viking army and smashing Saxon and Irish armies to bits.
Agreed.  I thought I was OSSUM when I conquered all of the British Isles as the Norse.  :uffda:

I wonder if someone has made a M:TW2 mod that effectively remakes that campaign.  I'd so play that.

Viking

Conquering the British Isles with the Norsemen in teh "Braveheart" wannabe scenario in MTW2 Kingdoms. Do that and then come back.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on June 18, 2009, 09:51:48 AM
IMO, Total War is made for Medieval period.  I'm still wasting most of my free time playing M2TW with Stainless Steel 6.2 beta mod.  I think this type of game doesn't work well with combat that is almost 100% ranged.

What does that mod do?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Quote from: Viking on June 18, 2009, 05:35:54 PM
Conquering the British Isles with the Norsemen in teh "Braveheart" wannabe scenario in MTW2 Kingdoms. Do that and then come back.
No.  I want to be able to do it starting in 793.  :mad: