News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Empire Total War, Again

Started by Faeelin, March 10, 2009, 07:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: Faeelin on May 10, 2009, 09:36:19 AM
Playing a bit, it's 1703. Jesus Christ, people are uppity. You take a province, garrison it, and they still rise up in revolt, spawning hundreds of men.

Yeah...have a feeling they've gone all Paradox like now with the patch (ie. gone too much the other side). It's hard to stop revolts from happening now. Once you get that letter from the ruling classes, you're in for trouble.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Mr.Penguin

Quote from: Josephus on May 10, 2009, 09:40:04 AM
Quote from: Faeelin on May 10, 2009, 09:36:19 AM
Playing a bit, it's 1703. Jesus Christ, people are uppity. You take a province, garrison it, and they still rise up in revolt, spawning hundreds of men.

Yeah...have a feeling they've gone all Paradox like now with the patch (ie. gone too much the other side). It's hard to stop revolts from happening now. Once you get that letter from the ruling classes, you're in for trouble.

I am playing as Turkey right now, its year 1726, have only had 2 minor revolts, one in    Hungary and one in Dagistan, no problem at all. I usually avoid revolts by exempting the newly conquerd region for about 5 turns with a nice garrison in both the main city and some in schools and any factories, use low grade milita units and units in need of a rebuild...
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

Faeelin

Ugh.

I dunno, I feel like the game has become incredibly much more difficult. The Cherokee have managed to take over all of North America up to New England, somehow, and withint 5 turns Britain is at war with every power but FHanover, Austria, and the Netherlands.

Monoriu

I'll refrain from playing until at least the next patch.

Phillip V

Quote from: Monoriu on May 11, 2009, 05:25:33 AM
I will refrain until the next Gold Edition.  :menace:

Razgovory

Quote from: Phillip V on May 11, 2009, 05:51:36 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on May 11, 2009, 05:25:33 AM
I will refrain until the next Gold Edition.  :menace:

I will Refrain till they release Total war: Classics that will include Empire:Total War 1 and 2 along with , Rome 2 and Medieval 4.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Cecil

I tried out the latest patch with the 1.9 darth mod. Game is actually slightly playable now.

Josquius

Is it worth getting then?
I finish uni for summer in 4 weeks and will be going home to my lovely desktop....
██████
██████
██████

Mr.Penguin

Quote from: Tyr on May 11, 2009, 12:08:19 PM
Is it worth getting then?
I finish uni for summer in 4 weeks and will be going home to my lovely desktop....

I am playing it right now with Darth mod 1.7 works fine now, cant say the same about my first 2 campains played un-moded. So yes get it, but dont try and play it without darth mod...
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

Syt

I tried a new game with the Imperial Splendour mod:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=247656

As Prussia, I conquered Saxony in 1700 and immediately managed to make peace with Poland, allying with them a year later. Then I went and jumped onto the "rape Austria" bandwagon that Poland, Russia and Ottomans were riding. To avoid a possible DOW on my by Austria's ally Britain I dow'ed Bavaria who are allied to Austria. I made peace with Spain on the same turn, then went to take Prague and Silesia. Austria agreed to peace after that.

The following turn, Austria dow'ed me again right away. So did Westphalia and Courland - Poland didn't join but broke the alliance, leaving my troops trapped inside their borders (i.e. I can move in Poland, but not leave it), which made Courland take Königsberg without problems. :bleeding:

At that point I quit the silliness.

I'm using the Regalia of Nations mod, btw:
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1189

It polishes up the graphics for battles a bit, the most notable change being MORE SMOKE that lingers for longer before dissipating which is good. It also adds some fife and drum for units on the move, but unfortunately it's not nation fixed (so Prussian troops move to the Grenadier March). Regimental flags have also been changed a bit.

There's a couple dozen mods for uniforms on TW Center, but it seems a bit spotty - still some gaps to fill.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

I've got it, works on my desktop.
Its...I dunno. Not that addictive. Nice though. First is Sweden, Britain seems too hard. I'm no good with ships on most strategy games.
Even with Sweden though they are being annoying with where troops can be loaded and unloaded.
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

Has this game been patched to the point where it's good, or is it still not ready for prime time?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on June 14, 2009, 07:13:40 PM
Has this game been patched to the point where it's good, or is it still not ready for prime time?

I loaded it today, and felt a blah feeling wash over me.

I think Creative Assembly finally lost me.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Monoriu

Quote from: Caliga on June 14, 2009, 07:13:40 PM

I am still waiting.  I read the official patch updates every day.  From what I have seen, the game looks promising.  Give it two or three more patches and they should get it right.