News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Empire Total War, Again

Started by Faeelin, March 10, 2009, 07:57:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Josephus on April 15, 2009, 08:18:09 AM
Anyone notice that reinforcements come from the wrong end of the battlefield? :huh:
Bah!  You are just being an "impatient fucking asshole."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Cecil

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 15, 2009, 08:00:20 AM
Dorkyen detected.

Anyone notice that reinforcements come from the wrong end of the battlefield? :huh:

One of the many many MANY bugs that breaks the battles. I also liked the one where reinforcements walks in one at a time.

Liquid Poo

Viking

Quote from: Liquid Poo on April 17, 2009, 08:35:26 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on April 14, 2009, 10:17:44 PM
Who the fuck are you?

Who the fuck are you?

you're not going to last long here with that kind of attitude...
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Dorkyen detected.

meh, thats a a feature... if you knew were the re-enforcements were coming from then it would be too easy.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josephus

Quote from: Viking on April 17, 2009, 08:37:53 AM
Dorkyen detected.

meh, thats a a feature... if you knew were the re-enforcements were coming from then it would be too easy.

Right the Old WAD answer. :lmfao:
I might as well be on the Paradox Forum. ;)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Viking

Quote from: Josephus on April 17, 2009, 10:23:05 AM
Quote from: Viking on April 17, 2009, 08:37:53 AM
Dorkyen detected.

Right the Old WAD answer. :lmfao:
I might as well be on the Paradox Forum. ;)

When facing re-enforcements I now place my infantry in a concentric circle around my artillery and my cavalry behind that circle.... it's stupid and I can't wait for them to fix it.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Cecil on April 15, 2009, 09:59:24 AM
Dorkyen detected.

One of the many many MANY bugs that breaks the battles. I also liked the one where reinforcements walks in one at a time.

And it is the artillery that shows up first.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Cecil

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 18, 2009, 10:15:15 AM
Quote from: Cecil on April 15, 2009, 09:59:24 AM
Dorkyen detected.

And it is the artillery that shows up first.

Never seen that one however I ment the one where a regiment forms a congaline and walks in a big line really fucking slowly.

MadBurgerMaker

Re: The reinforcements coming in in a stupid manner:

Quote from: April 17 Patch UpdateToday we addressed several savegame issues, and also tweaked some of the unit balancing.
We've also corrected the bug whereby reinforcements entered the battlefield from the wrong direction.

There's ongoing work on the major gameplay upgrade which incorporates all of these updates and many, many more.

Apologies for the short update today, just wanted to give you a quick overview of major issues, back to the grindstone!

Kind regards,
Kieran

P.S: Just as a reminder, although there will be work going on over the weekend, there likely won't be another update until Monday.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=240032

viper37

The official patch should be out this week or next, but in the meantime, for those with 4gb RAM or more, there's an unofficial fix out there.
http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=238484

It avoids most crashes.  I'm in 1750, playing France, got Britian reduced to their tiny island, Scotland and Ireland are mine, most of the Americas too (just got to finish the Cherokee Empire...).  Only Egypt and India left :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Faeelin

QuoteI'd also like to take this opportunity to talk about Naval invasions if I may. The technology behind naval invasions is actually really rather heavy and is still causing some issues. The gameplay upgrade will make naval invasions possible but they will be rare. The AI now has a proper mechanism for the planning involved and can execute that mechanism when required, however increasing its frequency is a balance issue we haven't been able to get fixed in time for this upgrade. So in short, naval invasions are now possible and may occur, but they will not be frequent, which means we have to up that likelihood.

As a ray of hope to those concerned with this issue, I've seen the work we're doing on the AI for the next patch coming on leaps and bounds. There are a large amount of significant performance fixes that we're working on for the upcoming upgrade, this included. The primary purpose of the gameplay upgrade that will be released next week is to fix the AI aggression issues, remove the vast majority of game breaking crashes and tweak the unit behaviour whilst laying groundwork for naval invasions

You know, just once it'd fun to see somebody try to sue a developer for breach of warranty on an unfinished game.

Cecil

Quote from: Faeelin on April 25, 2009, 01:29:25 PM
QuoteI'd also like to take this opportunity to talk about Naval invasions if I may. The technology behind naval invasions is actually really rather heavy and is still causing some issues. The gameplay upgrade will make naval invasions possible but they will be rare. The AI now has a proper mechanism for the planning involved and can execute that mechanism when required, however increasing its frequency is a balance issue we haven't been able to get fixed in time for this upgrade. So in short, naval invasions are now possible and may occur, but they will not be frequent, which means we have to up that likelihood.

As a ray of hope to those concerned with this issue, I've seen the work we're doing on the AI for the next patch coming on leaps and bounds. There are a large amount of significant performance fixes that we're working on for the upcoming upgrade, this included. The primary purpose of the gameplay upgrade that will be released next week is to fix the AI aggression issues, remove the vast majority of game breaking crashes and tweak the unit behaviour whilst laying groundwork for naval invasions

You know, just once it'd fun to see somebody try to sue a developer for breach of warranty on an unfinished game.

You know what would also be fun? Someone shooting some of them dead for making us waste our hard earned cash for releasing something that would have earned them a good tarring and feathering in the good old days before it was assumed everyone had an online connection.

Eochaid

I just bought the game. I don't reckon I'll be playing it any time soon though.

I'll wait till most of the shitty bits are cleaned up

Kevin
It's been a while

Caliga

Quote from: Cecil on April 25, 2009, 02:40:21 PMYou know what would also be fun? Someone shooting some of them dead for making us waste our hard earned cash for releasing something that would have earned them a good tarring and feathering in the good old days before it was assumed everyone had an online connection.

QUESTION:  Why do game review sites consistently give buggy messes score of "OMG 150/100 GREATEST GAME EVOR!!!!!111"? It only encourages game companies to continue to release unfinished products.  It is the same as if Roger Ebert saw only one reel of a movie and still gave it thumbs up and four stars without any clue what the second would be like.  :rolleyes:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points