And we're back!

Main Menu

Battle on the Plains of Abraham

Started by viper37, July 27, 2009, 01:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

http://www.nationalpost.com/story.html?id=1814515

Radio host calls for water gun battle on the Plains of Abraham

There will be a commemorative battle on the Plains of Abraham after all next weekend -- but not the kind history buffs hoped for. After plans to re-enact the Battle of the Plains of Abraham in Quebec City were cancelled when hard-line separatists threatened to disrupt it, a radio host called on residents to fight another kind of battle. Marto Napoli of CHOI-FM Radio2 has invited people to the Plains on Aug. 2 -- armed with water guns. "I wanted to put the fun back in. This whole thing became way too serious and even made people aggressive," said Mr. Napoli, who, outside the studio, goes by his real name, Martin Castonguay. The earlier proposed re-enactment of the 1759 battle--during which the British led by General James Wolfe defeated Marquis de Montcalm's French soldiers -- sparked anger from Quebec nationalists, who said it would rub salt into old wounds.

Everyone is invited ;)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

derspiess

You haven't banned waterguns up there yet?? :o
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

QuoteQuebec nationalists, who said it would rub salt into old wounds

Nationalists really are the scum of the earth.  How pathetic do you have to be to be crying about how you lost a battle 250 years ago?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

saskganesh

Quotesalt into old wounds

... it'll be saltwater guns firing I guess.
humans were created in their own image

viper37

Quote from: derspiess on July 27, 2009, 01:19:36 PM
You haven't banned waterguns up there yet?? :o
there still a shred of liberalism left in us ;)

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on July 27, 2009, 01:23:17 PM
QuoteQuebec nationalists, who said it would rub salt into old wounds

Nationalists really are the scum of the earth.  How pathetic do you have to be to be crying about how you lost a battle 250 years ago?
As usual, a few people made various threats, including death threats, and it was judged to costly to insure the security for everyone, so the event was cancelled.  I blame both sides, the ultra-nationalists for being the morons they are and the cowardly politicians for not sticking up to this.

crazy canuck

I know why Oex isnt responding atm but usually this would compel GF or Grallon to add to the discussion.