The twenty best war movies, according to the Torygraph

Started by Alatriste, July 27, 2009, 07:20:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warspite

" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on August 12, 2009, 12:15:56 PM
Dudes, the "is it a war flick" question gets answered by the voting.  If you think flick A isn't a war flick, vote for flick B.  All this emo "Waaahh, you nominated a movie that isn't a war movie, if X is a war flick than so is Titanic!" shit gets old fast.

I agree that BM is a great flick but not a war flick, so vote for Ice Cold.

:lol: Ooooooooooh, it's nowhere near old, baby.

Admiral Yi

Neil

Quote from: grumbler on August 12, 2009, 12:15:56 PM
Dudes, the "is it a war flick" question gets answered by the voting.  If you think flick A isn't a war flick, vote for flick B.  All this emo "Waaahh, you nominated a movie that isn't a war movie, if X is a war flick than so is Titanic!" shit gets old fast.

I agree that BM is a great flick but not a war flick, so vote for Ice Cold.
Titanic is war-related.  It involves a large ship, built in the same yard as the cruiser HMS Glorious and the carrier HMS Formidable.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Kleves

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

dps

OK, Caine Mutiny.

I suggest that we reduce the number of votes needed to decide between movies.  There aren't enough people still participating in this thread to require 7 votes.  5, maybe?

Tamas

Admiral Yi

Quote from: grumbler on August 12, 2009, 11:04:24 PM
The Caine Mutiny to replace The Dambusters.
Didn't The Caine Mutiny concern peace time training excercises? :huh:

CountDeMoney

Admiral Yi

Mr.Penguin

I must say, Das Boot is hard to beat as best war movie and we are talking about the full version , none of that 120min shit they released for the US market...

Otherwise Band of Brothers, yes its a TV series but so was the original Das Boot...
Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Mr.Penguin on August 13, 2009, 11:59:04 PM
I must say, Das Boot is hard to beat as best war movie and we are talking about the full version , none of that 120min shit they released for the US market...

Otherwise Band of Brothers, yes its a TV series but so was the original Das Boot...

Das Boot put me to sleep.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive