This is what happens to black BBQers in America!

Started by CountDeMoney, July 27, 2009, 04:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

WTFBBQ9mm

QuoteAt least 12 shot during cookout
Pregnant woman and girl, 2, are injured in nonfatal East Baltimore attack

A pregnant woman and 2-year-old girl were among at least 12 people wounded Sunday night when one or more gunmen opened fire with a semiautomatic weapon at a backyard cookout in East Baltimore, said a city police spokesman.

Police said they didn't know of a motive in the shootings, and no arrests were made immediately.

Police spokesman Agent Donny Moses said there were no life-threatening injuries in the shootings, which occurred shortly before 9 p.m. in the 2600 block of Ashland Ave. in the Madison-East End community.

Moses said ambulances took some of the victims to area hospitals, while others were taken to hospitals by private vehicles. Authorities said Maryland Shock Trauma Center and the emergency rooms at Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center and Johns Hopkins Hospital received the wounded.

Specific conditions were not available, and the victims' names were withheld pending notification of family members. Moses said the victims were struck in their shoulders, legs and backs and that multiple 911 calls came in from area residents.

Moses said at least one gunman entered the small backyard of the rowhouse on the even side of the street during the cookout and opened fire with a semi-automatic weapon of unknown caliber, hitting at least a dozen victims before fleeing on foot. It was not known whether a car was used to escape, Moses said.

"There are lots of shell casings," Moses said. He said detectives from the Eastern District were interviewing victims at hospitals and local residents. The number of people attending the cook-out was unclear.

Except for the pregnant woman, 23, and the girl, the gender of the victims was not known last night.

Police Commissioner Frederick H. Bealefeld III was among the officers who reported to the scene. He had no comment last night when approached by a reporter. Moses said the commissioner responded moments after the shootings were reported to make sure the investigation was coordinated and that extra officers from at least one other police district assisted in the investigation.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Strix

Police said they didn't know of a motive in the shootings, and no arrests were made immediately.

The motive was clear. They were using gas instead of charcoal and had to be dealt with appropriately.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Strix on July 27, 2009, 05:56:13 AM

The motive was clear. They were using gas instead of charcoal and had to be dealt with appropriately.

Perfectly justified then. :yes:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Caliga

Berkut

That is some seriously incompetent shooting right there. How do you wound 12 people and not manage to kill any of them?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on July 27, 2009, 07:55:38 AM
That is some seriously incompetent shooting right there. How do you wound 12 people and not manage to kill any of them?

Holding the gun sideways probably helps.

Berkut

Quote from: ulmont on July 27, 2009, 08:05:23 AM
Quote from: Berkut on July 27, 2009, 07:55:38 AM

Holding the gun sideways probably helps.

lol

Shit looks cool man!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

viper37

Quote from: The Brain on July 27, 2009, 04:34:57 AM
What's wrong with America?
yeah, I mean wtf???  A 2 year old who doesn't know how to use a gun to defend her family!  Where are american values going :(
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: Neil on July 27, 2009, 08:40:54 AM
Why would anyone use charcoal?

I agree.  Damn savages, turning their back on the miracle that is propane.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on July 27, 2009, 11:08:00 AM
I agree.  Damn savages, turning their back on the miracle that is propane.

I just bought a new propane grill.  I am glad somebody on this board can appreciate the glory of that.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Yahoo!  Grilled food that tastes like nothing!  :cool: