This is what happens to black BBQers in America!

Started by CountDeMoney, July 27, 2009, 04:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on July 27, 2009, 12:36:33 PM
Yahoo!  Grilled food that tastes like nothing!  :cool:

Some of us haven't destroyed our taste buds with gas station food.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

One day when you visit Kentucky I shall take you to the Elk Creek Grocery & Restaurant, which is attached to the Marathon gas station, and you shall be: converted. :pope:

Recently Elmar's BP has had a fall from grace in my eyes and SHALL BE SHUNNED PENNSYLVANIA-DUTCH STYLE until further notice.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Barrister

Quote from: Caliga on July 27, 2009, 12:36:33 PM
Yahoo!  Grilled food that tastes like nothing!  :cool:

:huh:

It's grilled food that tastes like whatever kind of food it is.

As nice as propane is though, I do miss my natural gas hookup stove from back in Alberta.  No charcoal, no propane tanks, just a never-ending ability to grill. :alberta:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

The magic of fire grilling is that you get to have food that not only tastes like the food, but also has a smoky and woody flavor (assuming you use a partial wood fire, which I usually do).  I shouldn't have said it tastes like nothing, though... wasn't exactly what I meant.

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on July 27, 2009, 02:22:23 PM
The magic of fire grilling is that you get to have food that not only tastes like the food, but also has a smoky and woody flavor (assuming you use a partial wood fire, which I usually do).  I shouldn't have said it tastes like nothing, though... wasn't exactly what I meant.

I am sure there is a better snobby way to cook everything perfectly...but I am a novice without much time to blow grilling so I will stick with my rather straightforward 'turn gas on, light it, grill' technique. :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on July 27, 2009, 12:46:03 PM
One day when you visit Kentucky I shall take you to the Elk Creek Grocery & Restaurant, which is attached to the Marathon gas station, and you shall be: converted. :pope:

Recently Elmar's BP has had a fall from grace in my eyes and SHALL BE SHUNNED PENNSYLVANIA-DUTCH STYLE until further notice.

"You haven't eaten BBQ until you have had it grilled over a genuine gasoline-and-burning-tire fire."  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on July 27, 2009, 02:23:55 PM
I am sure there is a better snobby way to cook everything perfectly...but I am a novice without much time to blow grilling so I will stick with my rather straightforward 'turn gas on, light it, grill' technique. :P
I will admit to having a propane grill for time-saving reasons. :ph34r:

But I believe you saw pics of my new baby on Facebook. :wub:

Ed Anger

You know what pisses me off about grilling these days?

You have to cook the vegetarian shit on a separate grill. They get all pissy when their Veggie shitburgers are grilled right after hot dogs.  :mad:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 27, 2009, 03:42:10 PM
You know what pisses me off about grilling these days?

You have to cook the vegetarian shit on a separate grill. They get all pissy when their Veggie shitburgers are grilled right after hot dogs.  :mad:

Solution: Don't invite vegetarians.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

Shootings connected? Shocking!

QuoteAt least 17 people were shot and two killed in separate incidents Sunday night, including a shooting at a backyard cookout in East Baltimore that left 12 people injured. Among the victims in that shooting were a pregnant woman and a 2-year-old girl, police said.

The spate of violence, which occurred over a stretch of about three hours on the city's east side, was unprecedented in recent memory. Police said they didn't immediately know of a motive in the shootings, and no arrests were reported. Many of the victims were rushed to Johns Hopkins Hospital, which became a crime scene later in the evening when a car riddled with bullet holes pulled up to the emergency room.

According to law enforcement sources, at least two of the shooting incidents appeared to be connected. One of the victims at the cookout shooting was Steven Blackwell, 25, whose younger brothers were abducted last April in what police said was part of an escalating feud between rival drug organizations. Police sources at the time told The Baltimore Sun that the abductions may have set off a wave of as many as five retaliatory homicides over the course of three months last summer.

Sunday's cookout was to commemorate the one-year anniversary of the fatal shootings of Quinton Hogan, 23, who police believe was connected with the Blackwells, and Donell Rogers, 21. They were fatally shot July 25, 2008, shortly after Hogan appeared in District Court. Blackwell showed up to pay his respects, and was among those struck Sunday night, sources said. He received a gunshot to the forearm, the sources said.

Police Commissioner Frederick H. Bealefeld III is scheduled to give a briefing on the shootings and the department's response at 12:30 p.m. today.

The Sunday incidents began shortly before 9 p.m., when at least one gunman entered the small back yard of a rowhouse in the 2600 block of Ashland Ave., in the Madison-East End community, during the cookout and opened fire with a semi-automatic weapon of unknown caliber, hitting at least a dozen victims before fleeing on foot, according to Agent Donny Moses, a police spokesman.

Two hours later, before 11 p.m., two males, ages 18 and 19, were fatally shot in the 200 block of N. Conkling St., in the Baltimore Highlands community. At least two young men were seen being led away from the crime scene in handcuffs, as officers went door to door trying to gather information.

That shooting, as well as another reported in the 2800 block of Harford Road near Clifton Park, appeared to be unrelated to the shooting at the cookout.

But a shooting at East Baltimore and South Bond streets is believed to be connected to the cookout, as well as a vehicle riddled with bullets that pulled up at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Authorities shut down East Monument Street as detectives examined a white Lexus with at least eight bullet holes to the driver's side door and window. On the passenger side, the door was open and appeared to be mangled.

On the sidewalk outside the passenger side door was what appeared to be a sports trophy, several shirts and a sandal. Police could not immediately determine where the shooting had taken place, but said it did not occur at the hospital.

Among the 12 victims at the Ashland Avenue cookout, Moses said there were no life-threatening injuries. Moses said ambulances took some of the victims to area hospitals, while others were taken to hospitals by private vehicles.

Specific conditions were not available, and the victims' names were withheld pending notification of family members. Moses said the victims were struck in their shoulders, legs and backs and that multiple 911 calls came in from area residents.

Bealefeld was among the officers who reported to the scene. He had no comment last night when approached by a reporter. Moses said the commissioner responded moments after the shootings were reported to make sure the investigation was coordinated and that extra officers from at least one other police district assisted in the investigation.

Deputy Commissioner Anthony Barksdale and Col. John Skinner, the chief of patrol, were also observed visiting the crime scenes.

Heading into Sunday night, homicides were up about 5 percent over the same time last year. Nonfatal shootings were down significantly.

Admiral Yi

Strix

QuoteHeading into Sunday night, homicides were up about 5 percent over the same time last year. Nonfatal shootings were down significantly.

John Hopkins must have a lot of new doctors doing their residency this year.
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher