Palin's Insanity Deepends, Chapter....I lost count

Started by Queequeg, July 26, 2009, 10:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Barrister on July 28, 2009, 05:56:54 PM
Quote from: DGuller on July 28, 2009, 05:43:37 PM
Yes, the former president of Harvard Law Review is a moron and not an intellectual, sure. 

That's funny - leftists had no qualms about calling Bush Stupid despite an MBA from Harvard, and a Bachellor's from Yale...

Thats because he did and said stupid things.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Hansmeister

Quote from: Razgovory on July 28, 2009, 08:35:18 PM
Yes, the former president of Harvard Law Review is a moron and not an intellectual, sure. 

That's funny - leftists had no qualms about calling Bush Stupid despite an MBA from Harvard, and a Bachellor's from Yale...

Just like Obama.

Razgovory

I know you have a one track mind but do you really think that policy can be summed up in of True/False answers?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

saskganesh

Quote from: Razgovory on July 29, 2009, 06:25:42 AM
I know you have a one track mind but do you really think that policy can be summed up in of True/False answers?

survey says: Yes!
humans were created in their own image

saskganesh

excellent.

we should compare to the poetry of Donald Rumsfeld:

e.g.

Happenings
You're going to be told lots of things.
You get told things every day that don't happen.

It doesn't seem to bother people, they don't—
It's printed in the press.
The world thinks all these things happen.
They never happened.

Everyone's so eager to get the story
Before in fact the story's there
That the world is constantly being fed
Things that haven't happened.

All I can tell you is,
It hasn't happened.
It's going to happen.

—Feb. 28, 2003, Department of Defense briefing

http://www.slate.com/id/2081042/
humans were created in their own image

Valmy

Quote from: Hansmeister on July 28, 2009, 04:29:30 PM
Basically, she sounds like Obama and only slightly better than Biden.

If you say so dude. :mellow:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

KRonn

Quote from: Razgovory on July 28, 2009, 08:35:18 PM

Pres Obama will start to get a similar treatment, in time. Already he's given some fodder to critics, and politics will pick up on more and more. We may even get to ODS, Obama Derangement Syndrome, as we did with Clinton and Bush. Given all the scurrilous things said about them I'd have figured they'd be headed for Gitmo or some such after their Presidency was up.

Berkut

As I said before, I'm glad the vast majority of right wingers have a complete lack of subtlety, it sure makes them less dangerous.  Then again, maybe the lack of subtlety is what pushes one into right-winger camp in the first place.

It's not like this thread isn't a fine example of the reverse, you know.

I mean, you are right of course - whatever problems Obama has, not being intellectual enough is certainly not one of them.

But it is ironic that you are blasting Hansy for this, in THIS thread, which is nothing if not un-subtle bashing and exaggeration of Palin. Of course, she certainly deserves it more than Obama, but its not like you would ever be caught dead saying anything positive about the woman.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 28, 2009, 06:13:56 PM
Quote from: DGuller on July 28, 2009, 06:09:25 PM
The difference is in the merit of the achievements.  Bush skated by on the strength of his family's connections, which is unfortunately not that uncommon in the "elite" universities, while Obama had none of the sort.

That's not the difference, plenty of Democrats have done that as well. People just have a natural tendency to dismiss those who disagree with them as idiots.

^^^^This^^^^

0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 28, 2009, 08:17:27 PM
Can't really blame it on stay-at-homes when Obama got 4 million more votes than Bush got in '04.

I read an article that said while Obama got a lot of votes out of those who traditionally vote less (blacks, possibly said youth), that the amount of white voters had a slight decline.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Hansmeister on July 28, 2009, 06:05:42 PM
He certainly displays incredible levels of ignorance of the law.  I remember when he railed last year against the "theory" of the unitary executive as if it was an invention of the neocons instead of a basic part of our Constitution.  :lmfao:

There are major academic and legal controversies over the scope of executive brach power -- which Obama is certainly aware of even if you are not. 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on July 29, 2009, 11:26:04 AM
I read an article that said while Obama got a lot of votes out of those who traditionally vote less (blacks, possibly said youth), that the amount of white voters had a slight decline.

Ok. He won by over 7 million votes though, it would have had to be a fucking huge decline for Hans' thesis to hold.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on July 27, 2009, 02:38:40 PM
Quote from: KRonn on July 27, 2009, 02:36:12 PM
Hey now, what's wrong with my Bawstun accent!?   :mad:   So it's hahd to find a place to pahk yaw cah in town... big deal!      :cool:
^_^ Your accent isn't NEARLY that strong. :P
What about me?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Berkut

I wonder if Palin is becoming the lefts red herring for Obamas rather epic failure to get anything done so far?

0 rows returned

Caliga

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 29, 2009, 01:51:33 PM
What about me?
IIRC your accent is stronger than his, but still not that strong.  Going by my memory, here's the order:

Wags
Tim
KRonn

in descending order of strength of Boston accent.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points